Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
 Paragons
Dev Blog - Updating for Gazeteer Edition

What's been going on with me, you ask.

Well, in addition to helping work out some kinks with a friend and his tabletop gaming terrain creation, which you can take a look at https://www.etsy.com/shop/ForgottenLabyrinth , I've been brainstorming on new stuff with Paragons! Here's my update

* I was successful in getting all my main character pieces in for customized characters, but took them out so that I could work on a more compact naming convention that will allow me to better keep track of each individual item, so that instead of Fdress (1).png, I may now have mffdrs1.png , or mifhr3a.png - This will help me tremendously in the coming days and weeks of preperation.

* I am also able to resize and enlarge some of my older RMXP and RMVXAce png files with a fractal software that 'seems' to take away the pixelization that often comes from enlarging. So, I may be tweaking SOME settings to allow for both those pre-generated characters AND my custom MV characters on the same playing surface.

*I'm still torn on my overland movement vs Flat Travel. I HAVE made some advances but when you think of any gridded map system, you're dealing with width AND height, and I AM a little concerned about the total impact of my 999 map limit within the game. It appears that if I set up my world map at a certain scale, it will be roughly 16x16 super huge maps, meaning that unless I get an RMMV version of an Atlas script that simply creates a world map, and as players go around on it, if they get close to an area, a new location pops up that can be interacted with. Here's where the issue lies...
[Image: completeworldmap.png]

This is a map of Ragnarok online, where for the most part everything is small maps that are connected to each other from within to without... easy to draw a landmass around that to better illustrate what the total map is.

My main atlas map is approximately 6400x6400 and while play area may still only be a small portion of that, it's still HUGE when you factor in the various distances between points. So, I either have to REALLY show down character movement on one map that's around 150x150, or try to zoom in even MORE, which will bleed out the features that I've worked hard to get to look nice in my world mapping, all without any assurance that it will make the game FEEL any better... as more people it appears would rather just point to a map to get to a destination than walk there and search it out. I think I should start a poll for just that question.

(BTW: you can see the FULL atlas map at https://imgur.com/a/EXKU0)

* However, there's been a LOT of progress in the brainstorm departments. In addition to the main story game, I will (instead of having it all on ONE main game) have side RPG games called Tales of the Paragons - which will be much shorter RPGs with pre-generated heroes, villains, NPC, all like seasons and episodes, that will be able to be downloaded each month. Again, these will not be DLC for the main game but each their own seperate mini-game.

*And finally... it's my birthday in less than a month, and it's my big forty... so I'm just going to go ahead and tell you, if you want to bless me with any kind gifts, you can at paypal.me/JayRay
[Image: yy7iKKb.png]

ITCH: jayray.itch.io
Currently working on Goblin Gulch (MV)
Currently working on JayVinci Resurrection
Currently working on Bakin ABS (BAKIN)
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Paragons - by JayRay - 09-09-2017, 05:12 AM
RE: Paragons - by JayRay - 09-18-2017, 03:19 AM
RE: Paragons - by JayRay - 10-07-2017, 01:55 AM
RE: Paragons - by JayRay - 10-07-2017, 04:49 PM
RE: Paragons - by JayRay - 10-15-2017, 05:17 AM