Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Name Detector? (More info in thread)
@kyonides
Aye, I figured that out via trial and error.
This is what I came up with.

$game_variables[1] =
$game_party.actors[0].name
$game_variables[2] =
$game_party.actors[1].name
$game_variables[3] =
$game_party.actors[2].name
$game_variables[4] =
$game_party.actors[3].name

I guess that means regardless of whoever is in the leadership position, if I use \v[1], that correct person will be speaking.
And using \v[2] results in the 2nd position person in the Caterpillar position doing the speaking and the correct person too,
\v[3] for the 3rd position person and \v[4] for the 4th position person.

Very good script for whom I want to speak at that time with their name displayed even though it's in the large text box itself instead of a small text box on its own which I can do via "\name[Tiffany]" for example.
I think I shall experiment and see whether I can succeed in doing so on my own. If not, cue Terminator's "I'll be back".

Edit: I now attached some images here.
As you can see, doing this "$game_variables[1] = $game_party.actors[0].name" gave me the one that is not in the Name Box (1st image attachment that I wanted): The one with the name "Celes" in the 2nd Image attachment.
The one with the "Tutorial Lenna" is done with "\name[Tutorial Lenna]" which is the 1st image attachment.

I was/am wondering how I am I able to accomplish that.
I tried something like "\v[1] \name[Celes]" or "\name[Celes] \v[1]" and yes, that does work.
But that one is very specific.
Because if I do "\v[1] \name[Terra]" or "\name[Terra] \v[1]", the "\v[1]" part's name goes into the big box and the \name[Terra] part goes into the small box as shown in the 3rd image attachment.

Any way for me to have that "Name Detecting" be scripted into the "Small Box" and not be in the Big one? Thoughts are still greatly welcome.
P.S.: Terra, Celes and Lenna are from FFVI and FV respectively whom I used as name examples to show my issues/references.

Attached Files
.png   Name in small Box.png (Size: 185.67 KB / Downloads: 6)
.png   Name not in small Box.png (Size: 135.8 KB / Downloads: 5)
.png   Different names, different boxes.png (Size: 187.44 KB / Downloads: 8)
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: Name Detector? (More info in thread) - by justpassingby - 10-12-2017, 06:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   The Self Data Suite support thread PK8 0 3,416 07-18-2015, 09:41 PM
Last Post: PK8
   [RUBY] Depack Thread Problem Narzew 1 3,961 07-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Narzew