Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
 KLords of XP
KLords of XP

by Kyonides Arkanthes

Introduction

It is loosely based on the Lords of the Realm II videogame. Here you can simulate a feudal system, manage some counties and battle other lords till one of them becomes the next king or queen.

The opponents will be controlled, in the far future, by the computer in this case.

The original game heavily depended on mouse clicks to interact with the game screen, my game does not implement any mouse system as of yet. Thus you still need to use your keyboard or your gamepad to change the current view, select any shire, etc.

Screenshots

[Image: klordsofxp04.jpg] [Image: klordsofxp05.jpg]
[Image: klordsofxp02.jpg] [Image: klordsofxp03.jpg]

Basic Knowledge

The game is divided in two sections, land management and battles. Just like in real life the game has four seasons a year and it always begin with the winter. Every lord has been given some custom serfs, a few cows or some grain. The county (every land) might include either a quarry, some ore mine or some woods as a secondary source of resources and crowns, the game's official currency. Your main source of income is taxes. It is upon you to decide if you let your people starve or grow fatty or squeeze their purses till the bitter end.

To defeat other lords you need to siege their castles first. The only exception would be that any lord had conquered an independent shire and had no chance to build a castle there. You may choose any of its 5 kinds of structures, namely the wooden pallisade, the motte and bailey, the Norman keep, the stone castle and finally the royal castle. The bigger the structure the longer it takes to build it and it will also require you to dispatch more and more builders every single time you start its construction process.

At the beginning of winter your villagers will harvest all of the available grain while farmers will be reporting the birth of calves or the deaths of their cattle every single season. Every time a season ends, your lumberjacks will report how many tons of wood they have cut. Your miners how many tons of iron ore they have extracted this time. Something similar happens to the quarry workers.

There are shires that seem to attract most of the lords' attention like England's royal counties or France's Berry county. It also sports some advance features like advanced farming or army foraging. In my humble opinion they are not impressive at all but a mere nuisance. Battles outcomes could be autocalculated by the game's IA.

Curious Facts

Aluxes might become the lord representing the player by means of a script call.
You may set the in game calendar at any given time.

What has been implemented so far?

• Data Structures
  • A Simple Name Menu
  • The Barebones of the KLords Menu
  • Parsing Text Template Files
  • Locating the Shire's Town by centering the screen accordingly
  • Displaying the Player's Stats
  • Showing the Shire's Stats or a Warning telling you that it is an independent territory or is under the rule of some megalomaniac AI.
  • Lots of Script Calls to change settings in game
  • A few graphical resources, mainly icons
  • The game's basic menu bar
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
KLords of XP - by kyonides - 05-20-2021, 02:08 AM
RE: KLords of XP - by kyonides - 05-23-2021, 06:56 AM
RE: KLords of XP - by kyonides - 05-27-2021, 05:11 AM
RE: KLords of XP - by kyonides - 05-29-2021, 05:50 AM
RE: KLords of XP - by kyonides - 05-31-2021, 04:57 AM
RE: KLords of XP - by kyonides - 06-01-2021, 05:58 AM
RE: KLords of XP - by kyonides - 06-04-2021, 06:08 AM
RE: KLords of XP - by kyonides - 06-05-2021, 09:37 AM
RE: KLords of XP - by kyonides - 06-07-2021, 06:37 AM
RE: KLords of XP - by kyonides - 06-11-2021, 05:06 AM