Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing Somebody Else's Story
Writing Somebody Else’s Story

Written by Kyonides

Chapter One

The Phone Call

Huxley, a self proclaimed writer, called me one afternoon back in August. According to him, he wanted to let me in on a little secret of his that even his manager ignored: doctors had informed him recently that he only had three or four months left.

Tell me guys, how often have you been offered such an exclusive story in your whole lifetime? Now you know the reason why I had to take that plane and drive my black rental car over ten hours in a row to get to Amity Town. In fact, it is located relatively close to Salem, Massachusetts. Was that a sign of sorts? Probably not.

His home seemed to be a red Victorian house that he had repaired, importing lots of materials from the United Kingdom. As of today, I am still confused on its true origins. It could have been repaired as he claimed once, yet, something makes me now suspect that every single part was original indeed.

After stepping out of the car, the door opened automatically. I am guessing because my host was not there to greet me, and as I had learned later on, he had dismissed his seventh maid the day before. Fear not, my readers! That was nothing but his way to put my guts on trial. I have gone through this a couple of times already, so you do not need to worry about me.

Interestingly, he had been waiting for me at his comfortable living room while drinking some whiskey. “No, no, my friend. No dull whiskey is welcome here ever but scotch is for sure”, he quickly uttered as if he were reading my mind.

The striking clock behind me rang ten times right after his last statement. Just another of those weird coincidences taking place at his modest home.

No, it was not hard for him to accept his fate. He actually enjoyed it the most. Really, he planned to celebrate it by revealing another secret to his beloved audience. He wanted me to write his biography on his behalf because the so called author needed my objectivity to flood the whole book, starting from the prologue his fellow colleague had sent the day before.

“You’ll get a phone call in a few seconds”, he told me while waiting for my reaction.

I truly got a call then, so I asked, “Is this a joke? I know you’re dying but I didn’t travel all the way here to get pranked by a dead man.”

“Just make sure you don’t answer the call”, he continued. “Please, let it go straight to the voicemail.”

Since I was not in the mood to partake in his mind games, I simply ignored my cellphone. That does not mean I was willing to do his bidding at all. Who on earth would follow suit without guessing he was looking for some cheap entertainment just to burn time? He was a goner after all, right?

“Done. So what’s next, Huxley? Another prank of yours?”, I inquired of him with a deadpan face.

“Contrary to common sense, I’ve got plenty of time”, he explained, grinning eerily. “Being honest with you, my friend, I’ll get quite busy once I get rid of all of my current limitations.”

That sounded weird, my dear readers. Once he were six feet under the earth, he could not do anything. Therefore, he had no way to back up his terrifying claims ever!

“You see, I know that voice”, he abruptly confessed. “And whatever it tells you there, it’s really gonna happen. One hundred percent guaranteed. To tell the truth, I am the dying proof of it!”

“Ah, okay…”, I mumbled. “Is there anything else you wanna tell me? Otherwise, I suppose we should call it a day and meet like, err, before this weekend.”

“Yes, there’s something else you’re in dire need of knowing, my dear reporter”, Huxley commented. “You’ll wind up loving this scotch, just as I did. Oh and believe me when I tell you that everything’s connected. Your inexperienced mind won’t make any sense out of this mess, unless you start trusting me. I know that after a very few events, you’ll become a believer. Right, you’ll also become my biggest fan, just as my predecessor was my biggest inspiration. My sun, so to say.”

Suddenly, I started suspecting that somehow his illness got to be related to dementia. Perhaps he should start drinking some peach brandy instead.

To be continued...
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Writing Somebody Else's Story - by kyonides - 11-07-2022, 04:50 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remi-chan's Writing Snippets~ Remi-chan 24 10,318 03-24-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: Remi-chan
  Goblin Gulch - The Curious Story of Milton, Nevada JayRay 7 2,601 01-31-2023, 03:27 AM
Last Post: JayRay
  The Ghost In The Machine - Short Story Mike_Everley 0 1,416 11-17-2021, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Mike_Everley
  Another Untitled story BeJeremiah 4 8,416 06-08-2015, 02:08 PM
Last Post: BeJeremiah
  Lost Days Short Story, #1 "Sodom and Gomorrah" JayRay 0 4,406 05-09-2014, 08:24 AM
Last Post: JayRay
  Writing W.I.P Thread bacon 3 7,654 12-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Alpha-Mad
  Rose's writing and shittake mushrooms RoseSkye 0 4,273 06-11-2009, 01:17 AM
Last Post: RoseSkye