Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goblin Gulch - The Curious Story of Milton, Nevada
[Image: 1j5cujY.png]
Chapter 3: You'll excuse my candor but...

Albert raised an eyebrow as I pulled a few photos from my inner coat pocket and laid them on the small table between us. I pointed to the light on the otherwise stoic rock wall. A small particulate from my cigar fell onto the photo, which I quickly blew away, as to not mar the evidence that I was able to curate.

"See there? It's very hard to truly describe the light with a photograph. We had no repeating cameras, like the ones they have for the new-fangled motion-photography, but imagine if you will, a curtain, like this, where the image stirred like the waters of a lake. Not so caustic as say an ocean, but like a mild wind was racing across its surface, causing it to distort and shimmer, wave to and fro. I myself saw three of the eight of these portals and it didn't matter where the portals were, they all had the same luminosity, shimmering and shining as Providence's gates, but bearing no heat no matter how warm or alight the scene on the other side appeared. "

It would see I was beginning to win young Dr. Einstein over as he sat up a little more in view of the photographs. His eyes darted about the picture slightly, not so much as to appear maniac, but enough that I was sure he was about to take a cool swig of his schnapps to draw him back to his senses. As Albert indeed took a sip, a curl reached into the whiskers of my face and tugged the corner; the left one; of my mouth. "Aha? You see?"

Albert looked it over, and tilted his head ever so slightly. "Okay, Mr. Clemens... Samuel, tell me more."

"Well... As you may or may not know, there's a silver trade in the middle of Nevada, criss-crossing from the south to the west, across to the railroads, over to the old Deseret lands, to Salt Lake, and beyond. And well, in one week, no one in Milton cared about the silver. It was about monster hunting, plain as day, Terrible creatures of gargantuan size, some would call them giants, others titans... still others called them what I feel they were. Goblins."

"Goblins?" Albert scrunched his eyebrows. "vat are Goblins? Like from fairy tales?"

I knew that at this moment all scientific credibility I had thus far been able to tender may have been lost at my fantastical statement.
[Image: yy7iKKb.png]

ITCH: jayray.itch.io
Currently working on Goblin Gulch (MV)
Currently working on JayVinci Resurrection
Currently working on Bakin ABS (BAKIN)
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goblin Gulch - The Curious Story of Milton, Nevada - by JayRay - 01-26-2023, 02:36 AM
Chapter 6 - by JayRay - 01-29-2023, 04:11 PM
Chapter 8: The Serb? - by JayRay - 01-30-2023, 02:37 PM
Afterwards... - by JayRay - 01-31-2023, 03:27 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Writing Somebody Else's Story kyonides 0 1,057 11-07-2022, 04:50 AM
Last Post: kyonides
  The Ghost In The Machine - Short Story Mike_Everley 0 1,489 11-17-2021, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Mike_Everley
  Another Untitled story BeJeremiah 4 8,598 06-08-2015, 02:08 PM
Last Post: BeJeremiah
  Lost Days Short Story, #1 "Sodom and Gomorrah" JayRay 0 4,476 05-09-2014, 08:24 AM
Last Post: JayRay