Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 What's on your mind?
In a case like building a tool from source code, I would agree with you. Whenever we are talking about an app we paid for, it's seriously disappointing to get buggy software that they don't really wanna fix or decided not to keep fixing it due to strange company policies. There is some sense or call of duty they are plainly ignoring. Confused
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Fixing those errors in the engine come at a cost, you fix something, and you break other things that relied on it. In any case the engine just got a bunch of new patches. so who knows. Since it's all open, you don't even technically need to buy it in order to produce a game, you could ( I'm not recommending this as it would be a major feat and severely painful ) edit your games entirely in notepad and ms-paint if you wanted to. But, I've not really dug into it enough to know all the issues. As far as engines go, RPG Maker series engines have always been on the super cheap side, with very few restrictions. I'm not expecting grade A support. That costs a lot more money. You get what you pay for, so unless you want to put out a few grand for an engine and redistribution rights, you gotta be prepared to do the work. The fact that the editor isn't even required to do anything means you have access to everything at the lowest levels of the engine, which you just don't get with rgss and earlier based rpg maker systems. that alone is more than worth the $79 price tag.
Reply }
Some 'errors' are not even properly defined. Take the ever regarded 'F12' bug.

People blamed the 'F12' button for causing crashes from 'stack' errors. *BRZZZ!* The problem wasn't the button, but that some scripters wrote code that rewrote or re-defined some 'Superclass' content. It would work fine when started... the code would rewrite or redefine just fine. But resetting the game while the engine is running, and it would try to rewrite the superclass again, and make continuous loops or other problems. A simple solution was to just prevent the code from being RE-defined when restarting (as it was already redefined the first time).

Rather than admitting this, scripters didn't fix their own code. Some relied on work-arounds that disabled the F12 key itself. This way, they wouldn't have the crash. But this was overly simplistic and didn't really fix anything. Leave it to people to see a problem, spend days trying to figure it out, come up with a solution, and it doesn't have anything to do with addressing the problem itself.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
What's on my mind? Spambots and intentional spammers.

For those that are not aware, we have blocked THOUSANDS of spambots with our Security Questions....
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1101]

But that only works against automated systems. For intrusion by actual people, other intrusion safeguards are in place. And as one can see, those measures are functioning and functioning recently.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1100]

A good number of these have been coming from a single web service known as a spam source. Obviously, addresses have been inked away, but I thought there'd be some curious folk out there.

.png   spambot.png (Size: 155.49 KB / Downloads: 16)

.png   Blocked.png (Size: 242.42 KB / Downloads: 15)
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
Well, PIXI isn't famous for being a good base for implementing graphics in a javascript game or application, most people involved in the js world would think why they didn't pick a better script pack or framework than such a lousy one... Confused I'm not saying it's useless, but they could have picked one with extra features and still easy to handle instead of PIXI...

So what if the Rect class in RGSS is hidden? It's not a big deal at all. Yeah, we can't say the same about Bitmap, Sprite and Window classes, still, Ruby lets you rewrite lots of stuff. Regarding the Actor and other database classes, we could still state they're hidden or you can't just change them because those changes will get removed by the time you save your game project. That hasn't ever changed since RM95...
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Well my PS4 went to go give an update error, Now I have to download the update again via, Safe Mode. it better work this time though.
Reply }
The use of pixi.js has a lot more to do with when they started development of the engine, and the fact that pixi.js is one of the most feature stable libraries out there. Many other classes have a tendency to lose compatibility between versions, and for something like a RPG game engine that's intended to be used and re-used over and over in an LTS ( Long Term Support ) style application, you don't go with the bleeding edge, or even necessarily the simplest, you go with the most consistent library available in order to reduce your support overhead. Especially if you're making a sub $100 game engine.
Reply }
I start suspecting you might want to get some sponsorship here. Laughing Anyway, I have been trying to catch a tricky rat... Nah, it's not a real rat but Chrono Trigger's. Laughing + Tongue sticking out Oh I will have to win a jet bike race as well but later on, of course. Laughing

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Hmmmm... Looks like Sony's new Censorship policy is being more rediculous than Nintendo's. At least, that's what I'm hearing about via, YouTube.
Reply }
It's the season of the Spammer. As a Mod over at Creation Asylum, I just deleted 17 spam threads from one guy selling counterfeit IDs. And our forum has blocked a dozen intrusion attempts today alone (one just 5 minutes ago).

Reply }