Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 What's on your mind?
Well I succeeded I getting a better PC fixed, but at the cost of backups, the RPG Makers, and games. Good news, however, is that the original drive that was the drive that had some things still has these things, so some things I was going to transfer can still be transferred.
Reply }
Have you heard the story of the woman who left a negative review on Bing?

She visited a Doctor and was given bills that her insurance wouldn't pay, rates extremely high, and for some procedures she said did not even take place. Along with listing "very poor and crooked", she pointed out that she tried to call the doctor's office to straighten things out, but got no love. For this, she left the doctor a negative review. But since then, he filed a lawsuit for $1 Million dollars (US) against her for defamation, libel and causing emotional distress.

The Doctor's lawyer made a statement to the media that "While everyone is entitled to their opinion, outright lies masquerading as reviews can inflict serious damage to a medical practice or small business." This doctor is indeed fortunate, because most states in the United States have strong Anti-SLAPP lawsuits, and New York does not. She has paid over $10,000 in law fees since.

So watch out if you even post a 1-Star review on Facebook. She did.

*SLAPP: Stragegic Lawsuit Against Public Participation - lawsuits intended to censor, intimidate and silence critics. A double-edged sword as those filing such lawsuits claim they are denied a right to petition against their accuser, especially those who sincerely believe that they had been wronged by their critic.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
(06-13-2018, 03:28 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: Have you heard the story of the woman who left a negative review on Bing?

She visited a Doctor and was given bills that her insurance wouldn't pay, rates extremely high, and for some procedures she said did not even take place. Along with listing "very poor and crooked", she pointed out that she tried to call the doctor's office to straighten things out, but got no love. For this, she left the doctor a negative review. But since then, he filed a lawsuit for $1 Million dollars (US) against her for defamation, libel and causing emotional distress.

The Doctor's lawyer made a statement to the media that "While everyone is entitled to their opinion, outright lies masquerading as reviews can inflict serious damage to a medical practice or small business." This doctor is indeed fortunate, because most states in the United States have strong Anti-SLAPP lawsuits, and New York does not. She has paid over $10,000 in law fees since.

So watch out if you even post a 1-Star review on Facebook. She did.

*SLAPP: Stragegic Lawsuit Against Public Participation - lawsuits intended to censor, intimidate and silence critics. A double-edged sword as those filing such lawsuits claim they are denied a right to petition against their accuser, especially those who sincerely believe that they had been wronged by their critic.

Reviewing websites were a thing? I didn't know that.
Reply }
(06-13-2018, 03:28 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: Have you heard the story of the woman who left a negative review on Bing?

She visited a Doctor and was given bills that her insurance wouldn't pay, rates extremely high, and for some procedures she said did not even take place. Along with listing "very poor and crooked", she pointed out that she tried to call the doctor's office to straighten things out, but got no love.  For this, she left the doctor a negative review.  But since then, he filed a lawsuit for $1 Million dollars (US) against her for defamation, libel and causing emotional distress.  

The Doctor's lawyer made a statement to the media that "While everyone is entitled to their opinion, outright lies masquerading as reviews can inflict serious damage to a medical practice or small business."  This doctor is indeed fortunate, because most states in the United States have strong Anti-SLAPP lawsuits, and New York does not.  She has paid over $10,000 in law fees since.  

So watch out if you even post a 1-Star review on Facebook.    She did.

*SLAPP:  Stragegic Lawsuit Against Public Participation - lawsuits intended to censor, intimidate and silence critics.  A double-edged sword as those filing such lawsuits claim they are denied a right to petition against their accuser, especially those who sincerely believe that they had been wronged by their critic.

I saw this on my news feed... just closed it in frustration. So dumb.
Reply }
Nope. She posted a review of her (Former) doctor on Yelp and a couple other pages, and he was ticked.

Still, I saw another review of a British Inn someone left, because ..... now get this.... she didn't get free services. Wait. She couldn't stay for free? She couldn't eat at the inn's diner for free? HOW DARE THEY!!!! But no. Really, someone gave a negative review because they couldn't stay for free. Laughing and the Inn responded humorously, thanking the critic with the P.R. service.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
(06-13-2018, 05:49 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: Nope. She posted a review of her (Former) doctor on Yelp and a couple other pages, and he was ticked.

Still, I saw another review of a British Inn someone left, because ..... now get this.... she didn't get free services. Wait. She couldn't stay for free? She couldn't eat at the inn's diner for free? HOW DARE THEY!!!! But no. Really, someone gave a negative review because they couldn't stay for free. Laughing and the Inn responded humorously, thanking the critic with the P.R. service.

Now that's funny.
Reply }
Canada, Mexico and USA will host the FIFA World Cup 2026... meaning those three countries won't need to qualify to partake in this tournament. The one that got the most benefits from a sport viewpoint would be Canada for being kind of lazy as footballers, economically speaking USA would get the largest slice ever for it will host 60 matches, while Canada and Mexico the remaining 20 matches.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
I've been redownloading demos I've downloaded before on my PlayStation 3 lately... I wonder if this is some sort of sign.
Reply }
It's curious to watch a little baby sleeping calmly even if the music was playing  Laughing
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Anyone want a wolf's perspective on arch villains?

Reply }