Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
2)

>K'CHINK< The chain broke free from the heavy spike that secured it as its fury drove it after its prey.

"She's gonna be the death of me," Daniel cursed as he began his chase up the two. Darkness had already enveloped them as they raced upwards. He would have lost sight of them if not for his elvish eyes. Robin shimmered like gold as he could see her warmth in the pitch. However, the thing that bound after her was dark and cold and offered him only a vague shape.

Then it came to him. The traps!

Fear drove him faster. If he didn't do something, she would be dead in an instant. Yet as he continued on, he saw Robin sidestep and dodge a pressure-plate on the stairs. Snapping its jaws at her like some monstrous snake would to a bird, the thing had also avoided the trap.

But in an instant, Robin leaped up and propelled herself towards the opposite wall. The beast did not.

In an instant, a row of steel lances jutted up from the floor and impaled the beast. It spasmed for a moment, then became still as it hung in the air.

Daniel slowed, almost to a stop. He finally reached the two as the spears retracted back into the floor, bringing the thing down with it. Sitting on the steps ahead of him was Robin, out of breath and wiping the sweat off her forehead.

Finally, he stopped when he was mere steps away from her. "That was the most bone-headed, idiotic, reckless..." he began. But only began as the miscreant practically leaped up and wrapped her arms around him.

"Oh-I'm-so-sorry-so-sorry-I-didn't-want-you-to-get-hurt!" she blurted out as she tightened her grip, making it difficult for him to hold his balance. "I-was-so-scared-that-any-!"

"Okay, okay," Daniel replied. "It's gone now. It's done. Not coming back."

"No, it's not, "she stammered. "It's..." But she didn't finish. Loosening her grip, she righted herself and proceeded to walk back down.

"Robin?"

"You coming?"

"The traps," he answered back. "You forget about them?"

She paused for a moment, almost smiling. "No. I remember how you guided me down the stairs, silly." She then turned back around and continued back down towards the doorway. Towards their prize.

If Danny only knew I could see them too, she mused.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by DerVVulfman - 06-25-2009, 03:51 AM