Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
2)

Daniel stood there and absorbed everything she told him. Now he understood why his childhood friend suddenly behaved strangely distant and hostile towards him. It wasn’t Robin at all.

Balthus.

He also understood why she didn’t tell him about their family. Possession, witchcraft, whatever you wanted to call it was forbidden and wouldn’t just result in their family being exiled. Anyone possessed like this could end up in a sanatorium or worse.

“Your mom? And little Aline?” Daniel inquired. “They have... they hear them too?”

A tiny smile began to form as she answered back. “My sister? No, thankfully. She won’t even be told about it until she’s much older.” Kneeling down, she picked up the spear by the fallen giant of a man. “Still, she wasn’t firstborn,” she spoke with a little more confidence. “I am.”

“Uh-huh,” he acknowledged. “And which pinhead ran back up the stairs just a moment ago?”

Robin gawked at hearing Daniel’s sarcastic query, and noticed the grin on his face. She almost broke out in laughter as relief swept over her. “You really have to ask?” she chortled.

That’s my Robin.

There was no longer any doubt in his mind. Moving nimbly, Daniel retrieved the blade from where it had fallen and proceeded through the doorway. Now, more than ever, he wanted to help Robin on her venture. Looking back over his shoulder, he saw her watching him dumbfounded.

“What are you waiting for, blockhead?” he called out. “Move your buns,” he said with a wink before vanishing into the next room.

With a spring in her step, she gladly followed him. Nothing could slow her down anymore.

Except an apparently barren room.

The chamber was impressive in size, nearly large enough to hold all of their little village. And unlike the passages and corridors they traversed to get here, it was all carved out of the stone mountain that the fortress stood upon. It all had an eerie reddish glow from the numerous oil lamps lit througout the room as they rested on their tall iron stands.

“This can’t be it,” was uttered deep into the cavern. The pair looked at each other almost smiling as they both spoke it aloud at the same time.

“I guess now we just have to start looking,” she sighed. Somewhere in the deep was their prize.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by DerVVulfman - 06-25-2009, 03:53 AM