Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
3)

"Okay." Robin said thoughtfully. "Look for anything that seems out of place. It has to be hidden here. Somewhere."

"Well, it would help, if you explained exactly what we're looking for." Daniel pointed out.

She smiled. "I suppose it would, if I actually knew what it was."

"You don't know?!"

She shrugged. "Hey! If Balthus even knows what it is, he's not saying a word. We're blind here, Danny. Just look, okay?"

Daniel shook his head, astonished. How were they supposed to find this thing, if no one actually knew what it was. More importantly, what it did. If Balthus had been an alchemist, and had attempted to find the pathway to immortality...it was possible that whatever they were looking for would be rather dangerous. Balthus' deal with Robin could be a lie. He could just be using her to continue his work.

"Robin, do you trust Balthus?" He asked.

"Not at all." She admitted. "But, if my family is ever to be free of this curse, I have to do whatever I can." She looked over her shoulder at Daniel as she was searching through some rubble, so she didn't see the switch that had been hidden there.

Daniel heard the whirring sound of gears and pistons set in motion, and the grinding of metal against metal. Daniel looked up, following the sound. There! Right above Robin, a giant cage was descending towards her.

Springing into action, he barreled towards Robin. "Get away from there!" He yelled at her, hoping that she'd realize her danger.

"Danny? What are you--Ooff!" The wind was knocked out of her as Daniel knocked her back recklessly. She touched the lump forming on the back of her skull a little tentatively. "Ouch." She mumbled. "Why did you do that?!"

Daniel was...and she really couldn't believe his stupidity...trapped inside a large cage with metal bars. "How did you get in there?" She asked.

"Never mind that." He said, looking at somewhere past her. Fear was on his face. "Just get out of here. Forget your promise with Balthus."

"Daniel, what are you saying?"

"Get out of here!" He said desperately.

Robin turned to see what he was so afraid of. A man dressed in flowing red and white robes stood right behind her. She hadn't even heard him approach! Nervously, she backed up away from him. "Greetings, little bird. I've been waiting for you."
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by kalier - 06-25-2009, 03:54 AM