Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
1)

He was tall with broad shoulder and dark reddish-brown hair with only the hint of gray tied back loosely at the base of his neck. As he stepped forward, there was a faint metallic jingle, hinting at chainmail or other armor under those flowing robes. A smooth metal staff nearly as tall as he was and capped with brass was held in a gloved hand and looked to serve as both a sign of office and a weapon of choice. Grey-green eyes peered over a pair of glass spectacles that sat low on his nose and studied the two intruders almost like a hawk studying its prey.

"Robin!" Daniel yelled, "RUN!"

"Leave and the elf-son dies," the man in red said flatly.

The trapped Daniel cringed and reached for his headband. Sure enough, it had been knocked askew when he tackled Robin. The point of his pale ear was left exposed to the stranger's scrutiny.

Robin stood her ground. "You... you wouldn't dare!" she shot back.

The stranger pondered this for a moment. "Perhaps... Perhaps not. However, of the three of us, I am the only one who should be here. And I am well within my rights to kill you both on sight, especially after what you did to poor Krieger," he added darkly, focusing on the spear in Robin's hand as he spoke.

"But..." he continued now addressing both of them again, his tone somehow softer, "I am curious how a pair of common thieves knew of this chamber, let alone were able to reach it. And other things as well."

"Other things?"

The stranger's mood grew cold again. "You spoke of deals with a devil," he stated bluntly. "Balthus the Black died a long time ago and he, like his tainted work should stay buried, gods willing. I am here to make sure the relics of his folly never see the light of day again and yet, today I hear that he may be still among us after all this time? You can imagine my surprise, or course."

His grip tightened on the staff as he leveled his gaze at both of them.

"On my honor, I am not a violent man, but I will strike you both down for your crimes if one of you doesn't start explaining yourselves to me immediately!"
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by DerVVulfman - 06-25-2009, 03:54 AM