Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again

With a wicked smile, she rose the spear above her. The then swung the blunt end of its shaft around and struck the robed man as Daniel struggled to hold him still. A loud crack sounded as wood met bone and the stranger’s head shot to the right. Daniel loosened his grip as all resistance left the stranger. The figure slumped to the ground, unconscious.

But Robin wasn’t done yet. She stepped forward and kicked the prone figure onto his back with her boot. With a snarl on her lips, she placed the tip of the spear under the man’s chin.

“Stop!” shouted Daniel. “Robin, you don’t want to do that!”

“Fool of an elf,” she spat out. “You know damn well that I’m not your precious Robin.”

“I know.” Daniel pressed himself against the bars. Pressed against them to get as close to her as he could. “I know that you couldn’t get this far without her.” Daniel’s voice became deep and forceful. “Let... her... go,” he demanded.

The same wicked grin appeared on her face. “I see you DO have a fire within you after all,” she declared. “Something about you she tried to hide from me.”

Daniel watched as the figure standing in front of him changed. The eyes glaring at him softened and the lips no longer tightened into a smile. A moment passed between them as Daniel assured himself that this was no trick. That Balthus was gone.

“Robin.” he muttered.

“I hate to say this but I think he was right,” Robin stated. “I think I have to kill him.” She knelt beside the probe figure. She sighed as she searched the man for whatever she could get hold of.

“No,” Daniel replied. “You’re not a killer.”

Looking up at her friend, she answered back. “I already am.” Then she returned to the search. “You forgot about the guard already?”

“That was...”

“That was no excuse” she interrupted. “I know who did it, but the sword was in my hand.” With a decisive tug, she pulled a small leather pouch loose and stood up. “But thanks. I know you’re trying to help.” Robin pulled a ring of keys from the pouch and tried one by one to unlock the cage. It only took the third to succeed and free Daniel from the small iron prison.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by DerVVulfman - 06-25-2009, 03:57 AM