Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
1)

Yes, very interesting...

The man in the shadows continued to observe the two intruders with interest. They were not your average thieves, that was for sure. The boy obviously had elf blood in his veins and the girl... the girl continued to be a mystery. Half the time she didn't seem to know her own mind.

Well, she certainly knew his. She knew about Lord Tomas' orders, about the Order, about Olan even. It was frightening how much she knew.

And she knew Balthus, or someone claiming to be Balthus. What had she said? '...if my family is ever to be free of the curse, I've got to do whatever it takes' or something like that. What kind of curse, he wondered.

Well, curiosity or no, he couldn't afford to let his guard down again. He'd been lucky they hadn't killed him earlier and the humbling experience of having to pick the lock on his own cage was something he was just going to have to live with.

At least it didn't seem they'd gotten into the vault yet. It sounded like they were going to interrogate him on a way in when they got themselves caught in one of the old illusion traps. He'd briefly considered intervening, he wasn't quite sure why, but found that it was unnecessary: the two had managed to escape the glamour, albeit in a rather unique way.

He shook his head - Poor guy. You save the girl and look what it got you.

"We have to find that robed man and the key!" he heard the girl snap. "There's no time to play around."

So, they were looking for him again. He expected as much.

Very well then, he thought to himself, let's at least make this interesting.

He touched a chunk of rock in the wall that looked like all the other chunks of rock except this one caused a small well-hidden passage to open.

"What was that?" he heard the boy say as he slipped inside and let the panel slide flush with the wall once more.

They'll find it soon enough, he thought. If they don't, I've overestimated them. Either way, better make sure I keep the advantage this time. If they get into that vault, Tomas' ire be the least of our worries.

"What was that?"

"What was-"

"Shhh!" shushed Daniel. He focused into the gloom some meters away where he thought he heard a faint grinding of stone on stone. A faint bit of movement caught his eye in the shadows and then it was gone.

He cautiously crept closer, but with his sharp eyes, all he saw was stone and shadow.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by Mea - 06-25-2009, 04:04 AM