1)

SMACK!!

"OW!"

"Gods Daniel, do you think about anything else?"

"Hey, you were the one talking about 'taking it off' later!"

"Not clothing!"

"...Oh."

An awkward silence followed.

"...You're bleeding." Robin said at last.

Daniel looked down. Scrapes covered his once trapped hand and blood oozed across the skin. He'd barely noticed.

"It's nothing," he mumbled.

"Let me see it," Robin ordered, pulling off one of her gauntlets and taking his hand to examine it. Her touch sent ripples through his body and it took a lot of effort not to risk one more kiss.

Robin frowned. "Doesn't look too bad -"

"Told you."

"- but we should bandage it anyway. I'll do it."

"But-"

"No 'buts'. Hold on."

Using the edge of her sword, she cut a strip of cloth from her borrowed red tunic and wrapped the piece of fabric around Daniel's hand a few times.

"There, all better."

"...thanks, Robin."

She smiled. "Don't want you to bleed all over the place after all."

"...Um, Robin? I-"

"It wasn't that bad."

"Hm?"

"You know.. the... kiss. It was... nice. But honestly, your timing stinks. Really REALLY stinks."

"...oh."

"But... maybe later, you know... when we're not in Tomas' place surrounded by things that want to kill us and Balthus is gone and... well, maybe..."

"...Maybe?"

"Maybe... We can worry about that later. First thinks first; let's see what grabbed you. Okay?"

Daniel sagged. I swear, she's doing this on purpose. Reluctantly, he followed her over to the darkened crack between the rocks and began to peer inside.

"See anything?" asked Robin.

"Kind of. It almost looks like... clockwork. Gears maybe? Something like that." The thing he'd thought was a switch earlier turned out to be a curved bit of metal with prongs on either end resting against one of the gear's teeth.

"For what?"

"Can't tell."

"You think it-"

As Robin shifted her position, a chink of stone moved under her hand, sinking slightly into the wall.

Daniel almost jumped as the gears inside started to whirl. He briefly imagined what might have happened if his arm was still in there caught amid all those whirling gears, and the image made his stomach clench.

Beside them, a section of stone swung inward, revealing a black foreboding corridor beyond.

The two stared at it for a moment.

"Think it's trapped?" said Daniel.

"Probably."

"We going in anyway?"

"Of course."

Daniel sighed. "Thought so. All right, I guess I'll go first. Follow my lead."
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by Mea - 06-25-2009, 04:09 AM