“Hey, I found some over here.”

“Great. Aunt Monica will love this. This should be plenty.”

“Danny?”

“Yes, Robin?”

“N-n-no, it’s nothing...”

“Okay.”

“Race you back!”

“Robin, you cheater!”[i]

It wasn’t how he expected to end up. Waking up, his hands tied behind him as he woke up on the cold stone floor. As dark as it was, he could not see a single thing. Then it dawned on him. It wasn’t dark. It was a blindfold.

“You’re awake now, lad?” spoke a gravelly voice.

“Who’s there?” he tried to reply. It merely came as a whisper as a fiery pain stabbed him in his lungs. Immediately, he began to cough violently.

“Easy. Easy now, boy. You’re lucky she didn’t want you dead either.”

The voice was lucklessly familiar. He only heard it seconds ago. Taking his time to build up strength, Daniel muttered a single word. “Marcus.”

“Yes, that’s right. I do apologize for the accommodations. But if it makes any difference to ya, I’m a guest too.”

The half-elf scrambled over to what he felt was a stone wall and sat up. Arms still tied behind him, he couldn’t remove the blindfold. “I guess you can see me, right?”

“Yes. But I’m afraid that I’m in no position to help you right now.”

[i]Help me? This was the second time the robed man sounded sincere. But Daniel wasn’t buying it. He trapped them, threatened his life in front of Robin, set that explosive trap to kill them both, and...

He pushed me out of the way of Robin’s... no, that was Balthus!

“Okay, old man. I don’t know what is happening right now, but I don’t intend to stick around here to get killed.” declared the half-elf prisoner. Straining his wrists and arms, he pulled his hands from under his legs. No longer were his hands bound behind his back, but in a more manageable position in front of him. And now that he was finally able to remove the blindfold, Daniel could now see his surroundings.

He wished he didn’t.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by DerVVulfman - 06-25-2009, 04:15 AM