Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
3)

How much more can I really take of this? Daniel wondered. Between the screaming crystals, and Robin's mind being taken over by Balthus, he was emotionally and physically exhausted. He was young and strong, but he didn't think he'd last much longer. His endurance was almost at an end.

Marcus wasn't looking too well, either. Being much older than Daniel, Marcus was clearly showing signs of fatigue. Marcus had done something to Daniel to help block the screaming, and it clearly had taken some toll on the older man.

As for Tiberius, Daniel knew that they couldn't trust him. Having that man along, they had to be wary. Tiberius would stab them in the back the moment he thought he could. There would be no easy rest, until Tiberius was gone.

But how to get rid of the man, when they needed him for the moment? "We need to rest." Daniel told Marcus. "I'm tired, and so are you."

Marcus stared hard at him for a moment. "That may be, but we have to keep moving. Balthus isn't done yet, and who knows how long we have before he makes his move."

"Marcus..."

"Daniel, enough! You want to save Robin, I understand that. However, we do have other priorites. Stopping Balthus must be first. If she must be sacrificed in order to stop Balthus, I'm prepared to do that. You must be too. If you think you can't handle it, you should go home."

"That's not what I'm saying!" Daniel protested. "I think we should just rest, and get our heads together!"

"There's no time for that. Especially with him with us now." Marcus spoke this last part in a whisper. "You know we can't trust him."

"I know. Maybe we should tie his hands."

"We have no rope." Marcus pointed out.

"Then let's find one. Then we can rest."

"We'll see." Marcus said doubtfully.

"We can't defeat Balthus if we're both exhausted. You know that. We need our minds to defeat him, and my mind is rather fuzzy right now."

My muse isn't being very helpful this time. Oh well...
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by kalier - 06-25-2009, 04:59 AM