Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
1)

He suspected this was old magic, much older than even Balthus, and that made it harder to beat. It wouldn't be satisfied until its creator dispelled it or it tasted flesh and blood.

...flesh and blood.

That was the key, wasn't it?

That seal wants flesh and blood, he thought darkly, let's give it what it wants.

First, he'd need something sharp.

And probably a bandage.

The pain was both surprising and excruciating at the same time.

Balthus, who had grown accustomed to the lack of sensation of his ghostly form could do little but crumple into a ball of shock and eye-watering pain after Robin's surprise kick to the groin.

Robin aimed another kick at his side before he could get up. "This is for making me hurt Daniel! And this is for-" her second kick connected with empty air as Balthus' body faded like smoke.

He reappeared a few feet away and staggered up. "You go to far child!" he growled. "I still have power here!" Though he did not say so, he marveled at where the girl had gotten this sudden surge in strength.

"I can't believe I let you get this far," Robin shouted at him. "I wanted to get you out of my head so bad, I actually believed you about the ring! About EVERYTHING!"

"The ring gave you power too, girl. You used it well"

"Shut up! You tricked me! You lied the whole time, didn't you!"

"What does it matter? It's far too late for you to do anything now."

"NEVER tell me what I can or can't do!"

Daniel almost had the silver ring when a sharp elbow rammed into his gut, knocking the wind out of him. Gasping for air, he gave up trying for the silver ring for the moment and decided to just try to hold Robin and keep her from injuring herself (and himself for that matter).

With a jolt, Robin sat up, and with an almost primal scream, grabbed Balthus' gold and tore it off her finger, flinging it across the chamber.

With that, her body went limp.

For a moment, the only sound was the "ting... ting... ting..." of gold bouncing across the hard floor.

Daniel shuddered, fearing the worst.

To his relief she was still breathing; however, her eyes stared blankly out and her body was unresponsive and oddly calm. Her finger bled from where she ripped Balthus' seal loose.

He had no idea what to do.

"Robin, please be okay..."

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?"

"HA!" Robin snapped back. She could sense that with the loss of the ring, Balthus's hold had slipped a little more.

"This changes NOTHING!" he roared, "You will not control this body!"

"And neither will you! We'll keep you in here forever if we have to!"

"We?" For the first time, Balthus sensed another presence. It was soft, gentle, and familiar.

Emilia?

And others too, generations of those touched by his curse. All rallied behind that brat of a girl.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by Mea - 06-25-2009, 05:10 AM