Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
3)

Robin thoughtfully surveyed the room. Balthus hadn't indicated anything about a second exit in here. Nor did she really want to touch anything, as she was afraid that whatever had happened to Tiberius would happen to her as well. So what were they supposed to do then?

She grabbed Daniel's arm as he began to move away from him. "What are you doing?" She demanded.

"We can't stay here forever." He told her. "I'm going to take my chances with this room. We have to at least try to find a way out. If we don't, we're going to die in here anyway. I'd rather die doing something."

"Danny..." Her voice trailed off, and she lowered her eyes. "You're right. We really have no choice, do we?"

"Not unless you can think of another alternative. While Marcus and I search, I need you to think about where Balthus would hide another entrance. Since you were closest to him, you might be able to figure it out."

"Be careful." She said softly.

"I will." He brushed her lips with his lightly. "Don't worry, we'll get out of this."

Marcus admired the boy's spunk, but their situation was beginning to look hopeless. If there was a second exit at all, Balthus had hid it so well that they'd never find it. Robin was their best bet, but even she didn't know everything about Balthus. He would have concealed his secrets from her.

But Marcus wasn't ready to die yet. Balthus had to be stopped, and he intended to be there to do it. Wherever Balthus had fled to, Marcus would find him. He couldn't force those two lovebirds to go along with him, so the choice had to be theirs. He knew he could use their help, but he had no right to drag them both further into this mess.

"Something wrong, Marcus?" Daniel asked. He was crouched down on his hands and knees, searching the floor for a hidden panel.

"Just thinking about what happens next." He admitted. "You know, I can't allow Balthus to follow through with whatever his plans are."

Daniel nodded. "I know."

"And I can't drag you two into this any further. Your lives have already been placed in danger several times. You're just kids!"

Daniel's face flushed scarlet. "I may be a kid, but I'm not going to rest until I see Balthus dead for everything that he's done to Robin!"

"Daniel..." Robin whispered.

"I'm chasing after Balthus too, so we might as well go together!"

"That's if we can get out of here." Marcus pointed out, pleased that the boy had such courage. If Daniel accompanied him, he would do his best to ensure that at least he survived.

"We will." Daniel vowed.

"Then I'm going, too." Robin told them.

Marcus and Daniel glanced at her. In unison, they replied; "No." Then Daniel continued, "I've already lost you once to Balthus. I refuse to allow him to hurt you again."

"I'm going."
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by kalier - 06-25-2009, 05:24 AM