Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
1)

Robin looked at the coins and sighed. It was more money than she'd ever seen and just leaving it all seemed like a waste somehow.

Well, they won't miss a few coins...

Daniel weighed the sword in his hand. It did feel almost natural in his hand, despite the fact that his entire knowledge of swordplay boiled down to 'put the pointy end in the other guy and keep him from doing the same'.

Still, this generous gift bothered him.

"Marcus?"

"Yes lad?"

"I thought. . Well, Lord Tomas..."

"Not what you expected?"

Daniel shook his head. "I thought you two hated each other." He lowered his voice, just in case. "You called him a fool earlier."

"Well.. can't say we get along all the time. Hell, when I said that, I thought he wasn't taking the whole situation seriously. I was wrong."

"Thought he hated elves."

"Always had, until now. To be honest, thought he always would. He had good reason to, but I guess his pragmatism won out." Marcus shook his head. Tomas, you are a puzzle. There are times I wonder if you even knows what's going on, and other I think you know more than I do. This business has got you worried, and that's reason enough to hurry things along.

He turned to Daniel. "You ready?"

"I think so."

"How about you, lass?"

"I'm ready."

"Good, now put the coins back and we'll quit this place. No sense in testing the lord's generosity, don't you agree?" he winked.

Robin scowled at him, and reluctantly emptied her pockets of gold. "So, where ARE going in such a hurry?"

"Javon, and probably Acorn Pass," the guardian answered. "Hopefully we'll pick up the Necrodinators trail there before it gets too cold."

He rapped on the vault door as a signal to the guards outside and in moments, the vault opened and allowed them to pass.

"How far is Javon?" asked Daniel. He hadn't traveled much farther than the village borders since he was eight.

"Three days travel, two if we make good time."

"Well... I guess we have some traveling gear at home someplace."

"You won't be going home. No time. Javon's in the other direction anyway. We'll supply here."

"But, what about my mother? And my family! And Daniel's!" protested Robin. "We don't even get to say goodbye?"

"We'll send them a message. It'll be faster, more official, and will take a whole lot less time than explaining in person." He barely paused as he addressed one of the castle staff, "Samuel, I'll need paper and ink, and someone to deliver a few messages to the village. Also, see if Meredith can find some winter clothes that will fit these two. We'll be at the stables."

"Yes sir," the man gave a quick nod and hurried off.

"Now, the next and more important question," Marcus continued before either of them could protest, "is can either of you ride a horse?"
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by Mea - 06-25-2009, 05:35 AM