Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
3)

Daniel's face flushed scarlet at his mother's words, and a quick glance at Robin showed that she was blushing as well. "N-nothing like that." He stammered, self-conscious now, he quickly dropped Robin's hand. "We--uh..." His voice trailed off. He wasn't sure exactly how he could explain exactly what they had been doing for the past couple of days.

It was then that the two women noticed Marcus standing awkwardly behind them. "Who's that?" Robin's mother asked, her eyebrow raising in suspicion. "Is he with you two?"

Robin said quietly. "Yes. Maybe Marcus would be better to explain the situation?" She suggested to Daniel in a whisper.

Daniel grinned at the unexpected chance to escape his and Robin's mother's piercing eyes. "Sure. Go ahead, Marcus. Why don't you tell them what we've been up to?"

Marcus' face turned pale. "I think that's better left up to the two of you."

"Someone better tell us what's going on." A sharp note had entered Daniel's mother's voice. "We thought...hoped that you two had gone off and eloped. Although, we'd much rather that you didn't do it behind our backs."

"Mother, I told you--"

"I know. You didn't elope. So, what have you been doing." She peered at him carefully. "You're both filthy. Have you been rolling on the ground together?"

"What?!" Daniel hadn't thought his mother could embarrass him even more, but this was too much. "No we haven't! We--"

A loud explosion from outside startled him, making him jump. Marcus was out the door, before Daniel could ask what was going on. Robin stared at him with wide, fearful eyes. "Danny..." She said.

Marcus returned, his jaw set. "It's good we stopped here first." He said. "We have company out there, Robin. Daniel. You'd better get your mothers and your little sister to a safe place."

"What's going on?" Robin demanded.

"Just hurry. There's not much time before they get here."

Robin and Daniel glanced at each, finally understanding the implications of what Marcus was telling them. "Mother!" Robin said, grabbing the older woman by the arm. "The cellar! It's the safest place!"

Robin and Daniel ushered their family down the wooden steps before they could be asked any questions. Then as one, they turned to Marcus. "It's gotta be Balthus' men, right?" She asked. "Why would they come here?"

Marcus looked down at his feet. "I imagine he wants to terminate the place that suffocated him the most. Although, it's unlikely that he would dare to come here himself. He will know that we are still alive, and he'll want to play with us, before he shows himself again."
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by kalier - 06-25-2009, 05:36 AM