Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
2)

Daniel awoke in his bed. Looking around, he saw his familiar, old surroundings. The same desk with his slightly rocky chair. The same bookshelf with his books and various trinkets he collected. Everything was the same.

A dream?

He sat up in his bed, grunting in unexpected pain. Reflexively, he grabs his side and finds his ribs bandaged. Throwing his covers off, his bare skin displayed bruises along his legs and arms. As he examined the bandages around his ribs, he detected voices coming from the other room. Swinging around his legs he grabbed the clothes he had lying folded on his dresser and quickly donned them.

Robin was seated at a small table sipping some herbal tea with Daniel's mother. As Daniel appeared through the doorway, he got a sinking feeling as if he had been ambushed. As he walked into the room, he saw Marcus through the kitchen doorway talking to someone, and both Aline and Nicole were on the floor drawing.

Seeing her son enter the room, Daniel's mom raised her head. "Oh, Danny," she called out. "You're awake."

"Um, yeah," he started. Robin stood up abruptly, beaming a smile at the young man. He nervously returned the smile as he felt like he was left out of something big. Taking him by the hand, she pulled him to the table and sat down.

Uh oh.

Daniel knew he was in trouble when he saw Marcus glance at him and then slip further out of sight. Seeing the old guardian refusing to venture out of the kitchen, made him even more nervous than before.

As he sat at the table, he noted the mischievous expression on his mother's face. He then glanced at Robin who bore the same impish grin. What were the two of them talking about? he pondered. As reclusive as his mother can be at times, there were times she never left the house. Even years of living in Takuro, at times she felt like a stranger among the humans. But her and Robin? He never really saw the two of them sitting together for very long, and yet the two of them were as cozy as can be.

So, Daniel, his mother finally spoke. "I never dreamed this would happen. An Azurist Guardian," she cheered. "I didn't know it was still around."

Confused, Daniel began to ask."What do you..." But before he went any further, a loud cough emanated from the kitchen. "I mean... yeah." he quickly added. "I was surprised too."

"He was even introduced to Lord Tomas," Robin added with a giggle.

Rising from the table, Daniel's mother paused upon hearing Robin's admission. "Oh, my," she said. "Then what I have kept for you comes at the right time."

Right time? Daniel thought. Glancing at Robin, he saw that she was as bemused as he.

His mother walked over towards the window and knelt down to unlock her hope chest. Daniel didn't know what next to expect.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by DerVVulfman - 06-25-2009, 05:50 AM