Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
3)

Alston stepped away from the stage, a feeling of alarm swept through the very core of his soul. He looked in the direction that Sammie had gone. She had disappeared; perhaps to get more lemonade for the remaining workers.

The group of green armored men were still in the distance, but they were growing closer with every beat of his heart. And his heart was racing. "I have to go." He told Lahan, who was in charge of the stage this year.

Lahan nodded his bushy head without looking at Alston. His eyes were on the horsemen. "Go find your sister, boy. Take her somewhere, and hide her. Then make sure you hide yourself with her. I think this is about to get ugly."

Alston clapped Lahan's shoulder in appreciation. But he had no intention of hiding himself. He'd hide Sammie, but if the village men were going to fight, so was he. He hurried off to look for her.

The women were grabbing their children, heading for the Chapel at the center of the village. Underneath the Chapel, were a series of tunnels made out of stone. Even if the marauders burned the Chapel itself, they would be safe. He planned to take Sammie there when he found her.

He passed a girl his own age as he went in search of Sammie. He grabbed her arm a little rougher than he intended. "Hallah, have you seen Sammie?"

Hallah tossed back her long, black hair, glaring at him. She shook her arm loose, rubbing it. "Who gave you permission to touch me?" She demanded. She was a spoiled brat, whose father was the head of the village. She thought of orphans like Alston and his sister as nothing more than filth, and she wasn't afraid to show it. "Just because my father decided to let you keep little shack of yours after your lazy mother died, doesn't mean that I owe you anything! Find the little brat yourself!" She turned away, her nose in the air.

She hadn't even given him the chance to defend his mother, whose health had been bad since their father had been killed.

With discomfort, Alston realized that she was headed for her own house, instead of the Chapel. He chased after her. "Hallah!" He called out. "Get to the Chapel. There's--" She slammed the door in his face. "Hallah!" He pounded on the door, but she didn't respond.

"Damn it." He muttered to himself. He didn't have time for this. "Hallah, I know you can hear me. I have to look for my sister, but you'd better get to the Chapel. There's horsemen in armor headed this way, and I have a really bad feeling about it. Please, Hallah, don't be stupid!"

He turned away from her door, hoping that she would listen. He couldn't waste any more time on Hallah, though. His sister was more important to him. He ran towards the little shack, hoping he'd find Sammie there.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by kalier - 06-25-2009, 05:53 AM