Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
2)

It was hard to move silently with all the dense brush. Even harder when trying to catch up to someone who slipped through the woods with ease. Alston kept finding telltale traces of her passage; a broken limb here, a slender footprint there. And as fresh as they were, the elf girl must have been close.

“And I promise you, that human will have the walking dead outnumber the living very soon if he has his way.”

Those were her words, he reminded himself. The moment they neared his home, she had already taken off. Not much was left of the village but the safe havens of their concealed shelters and caves. Not much he could do to stop her while he had to get Hallah to safety.

Hallah.

As annoying, bratty, as prissy as she is...

The terrifying sound of a whistle followed by a sudden knock had stunned Alston. No more than an inch from his head had an arrow passed by only to strike an elm behind him. Quickly grabbing hold of another tree as leverage, he swung himself around and dove behind heavier foliage.

Using his hands to peel apart some of the branches, he made a small hole to spy through. Even from twenty yards away, the slender figure looked annoyed. After lowering her bow, she pulled back the hood of her cloak that hampered her aim. The elf girl’s gaze bore down upon Alston, even concealed as he was. She was staring right at him

“You could have killed me,” he shouted.

With a near impassive tone, she muttered “That... was... the point.”

His face blanched. She tried to kill me?

“Gods, you are naive,” she then shouted, almost smiling. Shaking her head, the motioned for him to approach. “I never expected you would have pursued me, boy.”

Warily rising from his cover, he kept his focus on the girl before him. Now, with her hood pulled back, he could see her more clearly. She still looks like she’s fifteen, he muttered. Her amber blonde hair was clearly tied back and her bow stayed by her side. Her cloak parted in the front to reveal the leather armor she bore and a bulge in the fabric gave a hint where he expected a sword to be worn.

“I wish you would stop calling me that,” he mumbled. “You’re younger than me.”

“You think so?” she replied, raising an eyebrow.

He stopped for a moment, glancing at her with questioning eyes. Inwardly, she chuckled. Outwardly however, she still remained as expressionless as before. She didn’t care much for humans, and didn’t relish the idea even being near them. But this roundie was somehow able to track her. He was either very good, or very lucky.

I may need a little of that luck.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by DerVVulfman - 06-25-2009, 06:41 AM