Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 [NEW NETPLAY] What do YOU want?
Auction
Another user also requested this. It has to take place like in WOW right?

Donations / Item Mall
Donations aren't really Netplay Are they? That's just WebScripting + PayPal or someting else. Item Mall on the webserver is possible to make with the code given.

VIP
Like some people get other rights? Just set the permission field in the users table and use Network.group to determine whether the person may enter a certain region etc. A.K.A. this is also possible to make with the code given.

Pets
Old system from the days back when Multi-Netplay was tha thang. Ill put this on my late list (aka not a priority, but I like the challenge).

Guilds
Guilds are possible with the code given - including Guild houses etc.

Emoticons
Like overhead? I like that! Had that working in Multi-Netplay Extended, going to bring back this feature!

Optional full integration of Pixel Movement. (For people like me who want to Hand-draw their games)
This is also on my late list, since I have to find a way to reduce the server load by sending over each coord. I probably send the coords every few steps, so it doesn't get loaded way too much.

GameMasters (Level System like RO eathena)
I never played RO. Can you explain?

VIP Bypass
Can you explain?

Server Cap
Going to add that! Thanks.

Party Searching (Search window to create, find and join parties. Prompt for join to Party Leader.)
Going to add that to the party system (team system) out there. Thanks.

Private Messaging
Possible with the code givin. Stored in MySQL or I/O Encrypted if liked (not hashed DUH)

Duration Items (e.g. +20 STR for 30 minutes)
Going to try that (late list).

Clean and understandable MySQL entries.
How clean does it have to be? Currently everything is pretty clear. You have a users table with user data (fields like id, forum_id, username, password, email, activated, registerd, ip_range), a table with banned_users, a table with online_users a table with characters (fields like id, user_id, map_id, map_x, map_y, stat_hp, stat_sp, stat_xp, e_armor_1, e_armor_2 etc.)...

Clear commenting.
That's my trademark.

Other language Support. (Auto translation would be cool)
Late list.

Comments:
On the logging - If you want complete control you log everything. The Private messages are indeed saved in the MySQL databse, but encrypted - still you could trace the message. It is up to the game developer not to read that stuff, but the admin of this forum can read our PM's too...

Saving happens both synchroniously and async. Things like getting an item or skill are directly saved, movement is saved at disconnect or map change. This way you aren't loading the server when things tend to change quickly (movement) but don't need to save a whole lot if you disconnect (items, inventory, skills etc...).

Even if the client crashes, the character is saved.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
[NEW NETPLAY] What do YOU want? - by Dark-Yen - 12-19-2008, 11:22 PM
[NEW NETPLAY] What do YOU want? - by Queue - 12-19-2008, 11:22 PM
[NEW NETPLAY] What do YOU want? - by Dark-Yen - 12-19-2008, 11:23 PM
[NEW NETPLAY] What do YOU want? - by Queue - 12-19-2008, 11:23 PM
[NEW NETPLAY] What do YOU want? - by Dark-Yen - 12-19-2008, 11:24 PM