Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Legion's Grasp
Chapter 2

A couple of hours later, the group arrived inside the steadily crumbling fortifications of the dwarven outpost; Wildhammer Stronghold. The complex itself wasn’t big compared to some of the Alliance’s other works on their outposts, but the continued waves of demons on the dwarven forces has hampered construction and repair somewhat. Tattered flags hang haphazardly off broken battlements, doors black and some smoking, walls half caved in, others with wooden struts to hold parts of the walls upright.

This failing structure belies the dwarven forces. Day and night, they valiantly battle the incoming waves of Infernals that are fired in the form of boulders from unknown launchers at Legion Hold. The demons have yet to breach the walls, but are being continually pushed back by the dwarves and any who aid them, but they are tiring. The commanders are often sending out wandering adventurers to do extra attacks, and even infiltrating demonic bases to help in the war effort.

Materalus, Myana, Semellet and Hogarth, weary from their journey, stumbled past the ensuing fights, sprinting the last leg. Inside the stronghold, there aren’t many merchants, or at least, not many willing to trade, due to the fact they themselves are cut from trade routes to restock. There is, however, an inn that has managed to keep business, although where it gets its ale is anybody’s guess. Some suggest that when the Alliance first entered the Outlands only the dwarves had any sense to bring vast amounts of booze with them, and some dwarves have even admitted to it.

Whatever the reason, they were glad to be able to just stagger inside and rest themselves.

“Well I’m buggered.” Mumbled Hogarth.

“You’ve been asleep for most of it, and you’re tired again?!” Complained Semellet

“It’s hard to keep your eyes closed and catch some decent sleep with so much banging going on.”

“In that case you could have been helping us, lazy dwarf.” Sem then proceeded to mumble something inaudible about needing a better hunter.

Tired of the arguing, Myana got up to the barman and ordered a drink. “Coke please.”

The barman looked nonplussed. “Coke? Ye cannae get none o’ ye fanceh drinks that ye used te on Azeroth now lass! Ye be having ale, and that be that!”

“Uh, I think I’ll pass actually.”

The barman grumbled and went into the back room.

“No Coke?! “ Myana said as she sat back down, ignoring Sem and Hogie who were still squabbling about the energy efficient use of their bodies. “NO COKE?! ME WANT COKE!”

Mat laughed a little. “He’s a dwarf.” As if it was obvious as to why there wasn’t any non-alcholic beverages.

Of course, at that moment Hogie’s ears perked and he spun around to glare at the mage. “It’s a good job I’m not in the mood for killing allies.” Hogie folded his arms on the table, laid his head on them and started snoring.

It invited three incredulous and nervous stares anyway.

--

A while later after a short rest, the group headed into the main building of Wildhammer Stronghold, with permission to speak with Kurdran Wildhammer, one of the Legendary Heroes of the Alliance, presumed dead back on Azeroth, but was in fact the leader of the dwarf movement in Outland, specifically Shadowmoon Valley.

"What is there ta report?" Said Kurdran bluntly. It was clear he wasn't a dwarf who liked to waste time.

After a second of no one responding, Myana spoke. "We looked at the demonic outpost, like you requested. They are just busying about, we couldn't determine what they were doing other than their usual stuff. Although, we did witness them corrupting an earth elemental."

"Dammit," Kurdran stroked his beard, apparently lost in thought. Half a minuted passed. "Well, ye got back here safe an' sound, so here's me reward, like I promised." He tossed a coin bag at the human, who was surprised and amazed at the weight of it. He had to force back a grin.

Suddenly there was a massive explosion. A redfaced dwarven warrior ran into the room, "We're under attack!"

Kurdran responded with lightning speed. "Te the battlements! Adventurers, I need ye help again, I know ye were plannin' on heading back to Shattrath, but do this last one fer me." It was more of a command than a request, but the group obliged anyway.

And so again began yet another assault.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
The Legion's Grasp - by Luke - 12-12-2008, 08:32 AM
The Legion's Grasp - by Luke - 12-12-2008, 08:33 AM
The Legion's Grasp - by Luke - 12-12-2008, 08:34 AM
The Legion's Grasp - by Luke - 12-12-2008, 08:36 AM
The Legion's Grasp - by Luke - 12-12-2008, 08:37 AM