Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Religious Question
(04-12-2011, 06:41 AM)MagitekElite Wrote: Atheists believe in an afterlife? I never knew this...The Atheists I have met claimed nothing that religion gives off exists -- heaven, hell, sin...things like that. But then again, I was hanging out on a forum where they are known to publicly attack religious people...what are the thoughts of Atheism? Searches won't ever bring up actually good facts and whatnot...

I think I understand what you are saying (please bare with me, I am Dyslexic...). You mean to say that the box is the religion? You start the religion and therein doom someone who doesn't believe in it, to hell/ect? Right...?

God created these places to differ the people, to bring the people who were faithful to their Father and His Kingdom, who had faith in Him and His love. It is really hard to explain and if I said it, either way would look a bit silly. Hmm...perhaps you could look at it like parents? If you were naughty, you were sent to your room (or so that's how children were punished) and when you were good, you remained ungrounded (free to walk around, for example). Think of it like that, but for God....sorta?

I was told before I turned to Christianity (though I never really found anything to support it and if I had, never thought anything of it) that if you don't believe in religion at all, you are brought before God's Kingdom when you die and will be asked to whom you believe, whom you will serve and love. But that seems a little too convenient? Or that might not be the correct word to use....

To be fair, those sub-branches of Christianity that say such things like "you shall burn" aren't the main Sub, if that makes sense. There are the Mystic Christians, for example. They believe that they can become what Paul said they couldn't and the Bible (and God) said they couldn't -- becoming Jesus Christ themselves. There are branches that differ so far from the true Christianity, it seems hardly fair to branch it together, but I suppose it must since that's where it started...
An atheist only requires the opinion that god doesnt exist to earn the title.
There is no form of organised atheists,sense atheist dont set morals nor have a code.Its only the belief that god doesnt exist that we share.So any specifics like an after life that the creation myth created is naturally wrong to us too.We dont buy the god, why would we buy the devil or the afterlife?

Actualy disproving those can be as easy as pie with the right words.
For instance my stance is that morals are not objective,they dont exist for a higher purpose.
They are something we created to govern ourselves,based mostly off our emotions.

Using that logic I defeat the devil and god theory, cause morals arent objective no one is in control of them.

so the after life is an even simpler answer.
Without a brain there is no conscious.Thus the after life is irrelevant even if it were real, cause you wouldnt be able to experience something with out your brain.

In less then a paragraph, I have defeated those theories with words only.The basis of all which is science.
The previous limitations were destroyed when science discovered these truths.
It goes back to the whole Gandi and hell argument. so If hell isnt real niether can heaven be.Cause then even stalin would be there, and sence heaven aint true there is no purpose of the morals god sets, so the morals become non-objective.

Thus following god becomes pointless.It ripples down and destroyed itself.

Infact god has been disproven so many times most atheist tire of repeating themselves,because christians and other religions will simply expand the limitations of god by claiming something new,in a weird self debunking way.

I mean we went from having a god very angry and apparent to having something that doesnt necessarily need a body or that exists withen a made up box distinguishing Reality from non reality.
This is inherently flawed because it says basicaly yeah god doesnt exist, but he lives in non existence.
How inane.

All in a futile attempt to keep their god.which is so flawed they needed to bribe other religions by keeping in holidays or celebrations from pre-established Paganism.

The reality of this world is that humans dont know how it was created.We dont know.
That is our reality.Even as we learn more the fact that we're still learning 2000 years later means that of course gods fake.

If the Jews found god way back then none of science would be necessary we'd simply ask him.
Moses talked to him, jesus was born of him, and several others believed they talked to god.
But in reality Jesus was little more then a cult leader, Moses was a war tactician capable of fighting several successful ambushes.And such a good tactician he used his intellect against Freagen Egypt.
Noah was probably just a fisher man during a really bad storm.

You should never read the bible as if its a book of spiritual awarness.You should read it as fiction.
See if it stands up as fiction.I find that it doesnt.

also pearing into the bible and reading it will challenge your faith More then talking to an atheist.
Its what changed me.And so far the same story is with all religions the books and scriptures are just to fake.And only reading them yourself will you be able to know this.

I was tempted to put the bible down and burn it on 7 occassion because of the absalute bull they were spouting. Levitcus testes you even further by listing off things you cannot do and repeating the phrase I am Jehovah your lord. also included in that book is a nice little story about a son being burned in front og his own father and moses for not sacrificing an offering for personal sin and community.You can imagine that I read this in disgust.

Also the fact that a more public story of moses incounter with egypt shows that god is simply evily.
None of the desasters that he causes would hurt the egyptian more then the jews.and I think they were written in a bias manner from the opinion of the jews that wrote it down.

Cause god put Famine, pestilence on egypt.Both occassions would hit the jews hardest.
As an egyptian youd feed your family in the sight of crop shortage, the slaves would of been given scraps if anythig at all.
IN the pestilence the bugs could have spread their diseases to the jews as well.
And in the last and final sin of god in this one tale.Is killing the first borns.

In reality this would make The pharoh surround and sluaghter the jews, not free them.
I think this part was written as a tale of irony,to show karmatic events happening, but sence karma doesnt exist, the reality is less appealing.
What I think truely happened is that moses snuck em out or fought back, he was capable of military action by that time.He was soo keen he even knew the tides were low.
The propaganda later told is that god did it.
But like god himself this is just a theory and doesnt have to be the truth,

All I know is that the god of this bible is one of two things.
None existent, or not as described.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Religious Question - by cosmickitty - 04-12-2011, 04:00 AM
RE: Religious Question - by firestalker5 - 04-12-2011, 04:16 AM
RE: Religious Question - by Jacket - 04-12-2011, 04:45 AM
RE: Religious Question - by MagitekElite - 04-12-2011, 05:17 AM
RE: Religious Question - by RosyPosy - 04-12-2011, 06:02 AM
RE: Religious Question - by Jacket - 04-12-2011, 06:11 AM
RE: Religious Question - by MagitekElite - 04-12-2011, 06:41 AM
RE: Religious Question - by RosyPosy - 04-12-2011, 07:19 AM
RE: Religious Question - by Jacket - 04-12-2011, 07:51 AM