Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Whitney Houston dies at 48
Said to be an inspiration for singers like Beyonce, Britney Spears, and Alicia keys, and was in the ranks of pop successes such as Janet Jackson and Anita Baker, Whitney Houston died today at 3:55 p.m. (Pacific Time) in her room on the fourth floor of the Beverly Hilton.

Houston's publicist, Kristen Foster, said Saturday that the cause of her death was unknown.

News of Houston's death came on the eve of music's biggest night — the Grammy Awards. It's a showcase where she once reigned, and her death was sure to case a heavy pall on Sunday's ceremony. Houston's longtime mentor Clive Davis was to hold his annual concert and dinner Saturday; it was unclear if it was going to go forward.

Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
surprised, but not surprising
Reply }
It was drugs.
RIP, though I never liked her work, anyone who inspires others deserves recognition.
Reply }
I'm so sad. I loved her. I thought she was better recently... goodbye Whitney.
[Image: f7d70f7d-d21f-470a-b93d-fa23cfcfaeb5_zpsfe7368c0.png] [Image: facebook_icon.png] [Image: youtube_128x128-120x120.png] [Image: deviant.png] [Image: save-point.png]
Reply }
News like this are always sad.
Personally I have no real connection to her exept for one song which was the theme for two characters in a show I used to watch but I still am sad because of the loss.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
What I want to know is, how the did she die? I got no answer for that.
Reply }
They are doing an autopsy. Apparently shewas found face down in the bathtub in her hotel room. Zanax and liquor may have been mixed. But no one will know what truly happened. I wasnamed after her an listened o a lot of her music growing up. Its not a big loss for me personally, but big enough to think about for a while. Have her stuff on my playlist. My fav Whitney song: I'm your baby tonight.
Reply }
Poor Whitney, she was such a talent in this world we now lack in musical artists. :(

The Farewell to Whitney Houston is beautiful. Glad so many people went to say goodbye.

God bless her soul.
[Image: 10shroo.jpg]
Set by me, MagitekElite!
Planet Development

Artist, Author, Gamer, Music Maker (learning!) and Christian :)
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Randy 'Macho Man' Savage Dies in Car Accident DerVVulfman 1 3,781 05-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Last Post: xnadvance
   'Doctor Who' star Elisabeth Sladen dies at 63 DerVVulfman 2 5,096 04-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Last Post: RosyPosy
   Godfather Singer dies at 82 DerVVulfman 2 4,702 12-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Last Post: chickendips