Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Old but new to this. Just looking for help
I'll start out with saying Sorry for being noobish

I started playing with RPG makers back in highschool... ( 7 years ago.) I can write and make this stuff just as easy as I did back then. I'm getting back into this because I found my old games that I tried making and the 53 page story i was writing as I was making it... But i noted a few things that you all can do so well and was wondering if you can help me pick up on the scrpiting and all this other stuff you all seem to do soo well.

1: I'm useing VX now and looking to have side battle system. And were to pick up the sprits for the system useing the base toons that come with the program.
2: I would like to redo the name plates and HP/MP bars.
3: I would like to have a little window of some kind that shows turn order.
4: Credits and scrolling text so that I can put some cool text into the game to tell a story and how to run a sound file to have it voiced over as well.

Even the easy stuff like exp curves (bas and infa) and good ways to blance out heros to monsters...

Charlie Fleed's video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-U81To6awA Has everything I would like to do in terms of game menu to battle style.
I was sent here by him since he is more of a XP guy. I was told to hit up DerVVulfman but I can't. My account won't let me.

I don't know Script that well as to say I can't even figure out how to get this http://save-point.org/showthread.php?tid=2433 script working or where to put my text in.

And help would be great. The tutorials are great but there is something no clicking. If any one can spear some time to help me get into this again it would be much appreciated. if you could write me Here or @ my e-mail : mcgeemike@live.com. E-mail would be better but i'll take the help any way i can.

TY all very much.

Cloud IceHeart

In darkness I wait
Till Death he comes
So dance with me Death
I'm am ready this Day....
Reply }
ya but I know nothing... I can't even get the credits script to start and where to put in my text.
In darkness I wait
Till Death he comes
So dance with me Death
I'm am ready this Day....
Reply }
(08-08-2011, 01:12 AM)Cloud IceHeart Wrote: I was told to hit up DerVVulfman but I can't. My account won't let me.
Ah, the forum wouldn't let you use the PM system until you made at least 'one' post. It's a safeguard against spambots from intruding and going after the Personal Message system. You're in the clear now.

(08-08-2011, 01:12 AM)Cloud IceHeart Wrote: I don't know Script that well as to say I can't even figure out how to get this http://save-point.org/showthread.php?tid=2433 script working or where to put my text in.
In general, most scripts can be pasted below the Scene_Debug script and above the Main script at the very bottom. In this case, it would appear like this:
  • Scene_Debug
  • Ending Credits script
  • Main
After that, it's just a matter of editing those values to use your preferred font and stuff. Practice... practice... practice...

(08-08-2011, 01:12 AM)Cloud IceHeart Wrote: 1: I'm useing VX now and looking to have side battle system. And were to pick up the sprits for the system useing the base toons that come with the program.
2: I would like to redo the name plates and HP/MP bars.
3: I would like to have a little window of some kind that shows turn order.
4: Credits and scrolling text so that I can put some cool text into the game to tell a story and how to run a sound file to have it voiced over as well.
Well, I'm not really a scripter for RPGMaker VX, though I did make an RMVX version of Animated Battlers. And Charlie Fleed's CTB is for RPGMaker XP only. I believe the RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System may do something for you as it is a sideview RPGMaker VX system. There's a number of addons available exclusively for it.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Well, Cloud IceHeart, the way the Credits script for XP works is the following:

Script call should be $scene = Scene_Credits.new

CREDIT=<<_END_

#Edit here

_END_

The place where all your credits should be placed is located right below the "CREDIT=<<_END_" line and above _END_ .
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }