Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Battlers/charsets/drawn stuff you won't ever use because it won't match your game
These are some battlers I've made for my game. i'm eventually redrawing all the rtp tilesets so they match with the battlers.

Sawfly- Shooting Star- Dwarf Warrior- Clamapus-
[Image: Sawfly.png] [Image: ShootingStar.png] [Image: Edsel.png] [Image: attachment.php?aid=1836]

Flora Clam- Boogerman- Stigma-
[Image: FloraClam.png] [Image: Boogerman.png] [Image: Stigma-1.png]

Virulent Larvae-
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1837]

Beta Weapon-
[Image: BetaWeapon.png]

Aringor-
[Image: Aringor.png]

and last but not least, the Picket Gator. He is on strike because everyone thinks he's a crocodile, but he wants them to know he's an alligator.
[Image: PicketGator.png](They're not very good communicators)

What does savepoint think?

Attached Files
.png   Clamapus.png (Size: 23.45 KB / Downloads: 3)
.png   VirulentLarva.png (Size: 35.54 KB / Downloads: 4)
Reply }
I think your drawings look really good and they're very creative. I'd work on the shading though so they have more dimension to them. (I posted a list of a million tutorials in the tutorials section that has a list of shading tutorial if needed).
Quotes
Reply }
I just like the cartoony look, it fits with the overall tone of my game, which is to say it isn't very serious in the least bit. I just can't take serious games seriously. if anything, the overly-serious tones of some games are what make me realize it's a game, and it's a very off putting realization. There won't be a lot of shading going on when I redo the tilesets and charsets to match.

Termite Soldier
[Image: termiteSoldier.png]

Desert Warrior (some shading)
[Image: KeptieWarrior.png]

Liquid Metal Clam
[Image: LiquidMetalClam.png]

I also just realized that in google chrome, you can click and drag the battlers around your window and they can have fake fights with each other Laughing
Reply }
Beta weapon ftw :-)
srsly they're pretty refreshing in this development scene. Can't wait to see what kind of game you make out of this ^^
good luck!
Upcoming RPG XP project: Legends of the Flaming Falcons
In a distant future an ancient threat stirs...heroes of old take up their arms once more.
For my writing project that includes my rmxp project I'm also maintaining a private wiki; if you wish to follow me, let me know.
My developer blog can be found here:
http://the-otherworld-tales.blogspot.be/

[Image: Gazeteer%20-%20Pherione.gif]
Gazetteer responsible for Pherione's Developer Interviews. My thread here.

More info or questions? PM me
Reply }
i do have a current demo, but there were some bugs i didnt originally come across during the playtesting. the next one i'll definitely post here.
Reply }
battler portrait. it's a barbarian.

[Image: dyZyznK.png]
Reply }
[Image: hfjwjax.png]

metal shutter doors for shipping containers and warehouse docks
Reply }
Dayum. The urban setting I have in the opening of my Lycan demo coulda used doors like this. I mean, it has a movie theater, but I likey.

Do more.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
here's what it looks like all put together in the city.

[Image: bLQi6Vu.png]
Reply }
Did you put in a freakin rod-iron fence with spikes on the East side?
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Minkoff Spritesheet Half Kaiser Battlers DerVVulfman 18 34,335 06-20-2022, 02:05 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
Heart  Holders Animated Battlers Holder 21 39,799 11-24-2020, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Holder
   75 Custom Battlers Shade the Mystic 10 33,230 02-27-2017, 10:11 AM
Last Post: vantuan1211
   Let's have Animated Battlers Agckuu Coceg 6 29,234 08-12-2014, 02:55 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   GBA Sprite Battlers In Minkoff Format 2 9,389 08-25-2011, 04:52 PM
Last Post: ShinobiChef
   Side-view Animated Battlers (1-3 poses Animated) Charlie Fleed 4 12,109 05-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Last Post: AGAFURO
   Val's Treasury (Charsets) Valcrist 2 5,445 12-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Last Post: explocion200
   Side-view Animated Battlers Charlie Fleed 1 8,851 11-29-2009, 05:52 AM
Last Post: explocion200
   Dr. Bolt's Franken-pixels! (Charsets) Bolt 0 3,248 04-24-2009, 03:03 AM
Last Post: Bolt
   Side-view Animated Battlers Charlie Fleed 0 6,103 01-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Charlie Fleed