Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 How do you design your magic?
I think this question really depends on the game and what world it is going to take place in.
For my main project I've actually decided not to use magic at all. Even tough it goes into the direction of the classic JRPGs and there is some sort of "magic" in the world it will not be part of the skills like that.
On the other hand, in my sideproject (that I basically do for fun every once in a while to take a break) magic is a bigger part and to a certain level inspired by the magic from Grandia. (Learning one element, let it grow stronger to develop new technics, discovering an other element, grwoing stronger...eventually combining those two basics together to create a new one...and so on.)
I often find myself trying out new scripts and setups, combining and removing certain parts just to get a feeling on what I am possible to do and what not. I love trying out all these possibilitys even if I know I have no use for something at that point. I might get an idea in the future or have to change something. Or maybe I want to suggest a certain idea to someone else.
I love magic and I love to use magic in games. When it comes to creating my own tough -seriously and not just for fun- for my own project the first thing I make sure is 'Will this work in this world? Does this seem logical to the setup you have? Will it suit the characters?'.
I would love to try out many things and set up just as many systems, but I can't possibly seriously work on that many games at the same time. Sadly so XD
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
How do you design your magic? - by Samven - 10-17-2011, 10:23 PM
RE: How do you design your magic? - by yamina-chan - 10-18-2011, 12:14 AM
RE: How do you design your magic? - by Taylor - 10-18-2011, 03:49 AM
RE: How do you design your magic? - by Jacket - 10-18-2011, 07:35 AM
RE: How do you design your magic? - by Taylor - 10-18-2011, 08:09 AM
RE: How do you design your magic? - by Taylor - 10-18-2011, 10:02 PM
RE: How do you design your magic? - by Hybrida - 10-19-2011, 08:39 AM
RE: How do you design your magic? - by Samven - 10-19-2011, 01:21 PM

Possibly Related Threads…