Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FF VII Arena Handicaps (kinda)
Huh. I can't seem to fix a bug in my game, but I seem to be on a roll with random event systems XD
Allright, what this is:

There was a request on rpgrevolution.com about a script that will replicate the Battle Arena from Final Fantasy VII.
For those who are unfamilliar with it, here is a quick summary of what it does:
One party member at a time will enter the Arena to fight a series of monstergroups. After each group is defeated a slotmashine like selection will show up and by pressing a butten the player stops it. Depending on the slot that it stops on, the player will get inflicted with a state, some normal ones like poison or slow and some that will only happen there, such as halving the max HP or disabeling certain skills. After each group the player will earn Battle Points that can be traded for special items after the fight series ends. If he loses, he will loose all earned points.
You know what? Here's a video of it:
Content Hidden

I have now made a system that is similar, but not exactly the same. Also, I did not inclute the BP system in my demo, the focus was on the concept of battle after battle with increasing difficulty due to the handicaps. However, the BP system can easily be added with two variables, so I see no need to cover that as well.
I've added instructions in the demo, as well as suggestions for how to improve the system further.
Here is a Link.

Feel free to post questions or feedback =) I'm quite confident that all works fine but you never know.
I'm also open for requests for other event systems. I can not promise I'll do everything, but I'll give it a look if I like the idea (and know what you want XD). If nothing else, it'll be a nice practice ^^
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
Reuploaded the Demo
Since the old link no longer works I provided a new one Winking
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }