Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
Or you could try SFonts or another bitmap font script, or a font that uses Cyrillic letters in place of the base letters, like Ahzoh did for his conlang... Of course I think he finally had to create a new font, but yeah... I believed VXA had that support, but oh well.
[Image: yy7iKKb.png]

ITCH: jayray.itch.io
Currently working on Goblin Gulch (MV)
Currently working on JayVinci Resurrection
Currently working on Bakin ABS (BAKIN)
Reply }
choose your own rap battle- yay or nay? a sidequest in my "big city" you go through a list of choices that lead to other choices to try to win a rap battle. some of the choices lead to lines that don't rhyme, to try and recreate the feeling of actually freestyling
Reply }
Snap! Winking with a tongue sticking out Got anyone to do the voicework? At the end, have the performance done with the rap battle done in real time in audio! WITH audio from audience participation of course (cheers or boos).

* B-Rabbit vs MC Hunter, Elmer Fudd with a PH, hosted by DJ Bacon Bits
[video=youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T4hcGtfYxw[/video]
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Decisions, decisions...
What to use...

[Image: W0dHS58.jpg]

...what? I like making games Xb

Who am I kidding, I'll continue to (mostly) use the XP anyway, but it's nice to experiment and have choices =D
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
(04-15-2015, 03:16 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote:
(04-15-2015, 01:20 AM)Taylor Wrote: I just can't understand why you are having such weird issues with this. You *can* display the text in other programs, I assume. What about VX/Ace? Or is RMXP's interpretation of unicode somehow out of date/neglecting Cyrillic? This makes no sense to me.

I have VX as well, so ... no go (though it uses $game_message instead of $game_temp). Couple that with seeing the default scripts for RPGMaker VXAce and seeing the similarities, I know it won't work with Ace. Has anyone a means to see if it is RUBY itself? ReGaL uses a version even higher than Ace. But again, the Japanese version uses some pretty odd characters, so I'm wondering about the usefulness of its RGSSJ##.dll.
I have Ruby 2.2.2 installed on my windows box and guess what? There is no trace of such cyrillic characters. Even if you copy and paste them, you only get a blank space or just nothing instead. I downloaded a ruby gem called russian (downcase) and even so I can paste cyrillic characters on the Interactive Ruby console window. Later on I also tried to use unicode to make sure I would get some cyrillic character printed on screen to no avail. I doubled checked the default internal and external encodings were the same, UTF-8, and changed the character set for cmd.exe but nothing has changed ever since.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Samven's armoury is officially open for business again.

That's right - I'm forging some new weapons for the shop!
3DS Friend Code: 3411-1039-9335
(Add me for teh pokeymanz and barvely deefalt!)

[Image: tumblr_inline_nzmbrz53G11sotucm_1280.png]
Click for the latest update - and vote for someone to die! >8D
Reply }
Neat =D
Will one of them be a bow? I know, they are not made in a forge, but we really don't have any ranged weapons.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
(05-10-2015, 02:43 PM)yamina-chan Wrote: Neat =D
Will one of them be a bow? I know, they are not made in a forge, but we really don't have any ranged weapons.

I intend to add bows in the future, along with all kinds of other weapons.

A lot of the icons are actually from the games I'm making, so the more time I get to work on that, the more stuff Save-Point gets.

Think of it as a little SP exclusivity deal. You tolerate my crap and I give you my sexy icons. ;D
3DS Friend Code: 3411-1039-9335
(Add me for teh pokeymanz and barvely deefalt!)

[Image: tumblr_inline_nzmbrz53G11sotucm_1280.png]
Click for the latest update - and vote for someone to die! >8D
Reply }
I came up with an interesting game mechanic: Attack strategies based on a Continuum of Distance.
That is, your distance from your enemy gives stat bonuses and penalties.
It is outlined something like this:
At Close-Combat range you gain greater physical strength and defense but reduced mobility and you are more likely to be targeted by nearby enemies.
At Long Distance range you gain greater mobility and agility and you are least likely to be targeted by enemies but you have reduced physical defense.
There is a Default Distance which you begin at the beginning of battle where you have no bonuses or penalties.

These effects I tried to make them logical to what you would expect in a battle. For instance, the farther away you are from an enemy, the more you can move around them and dodge things. And when at Close-Combat you are going to try to put full force on them and their being close to you, you can somewhat predict where they would hit, and thus use shield.
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Vrkhazhian
ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
Ahzoh, I'm not really convinced that you would get a physical defense bonus while being at close-combat range, especially because it depends on whether you're a knight, a priest, an archer, a thief or anything else. For a knight it would be normal to attack an enemy at a close range but if he gets too close it would be difficult for him to slash the enemy due to the lack of necessary space to move properly. Besides not all swordsmen or knights have shields and they mostly depend on their weapons to block the attacks and their armors rather on their shields. I know there are games where a swordsman or knight may dash the enemy with their shields but these would be an offensive move not a defensive one. I think it's not that easy to determine such pluses without improperly affecting the players' game experience.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }