Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
This is how my beloved SkillTalisman XP script looks like nowadays after spending hours of development, sacrificing my TV or anime related popcorn sessions. Confused

[Image: klevelxp04.png]

So what do you think about it, guys? Confused I really need some good feedback on this, you know...
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
I didn't know the [SHIFT] button did anything until I hit it by accident. So, you do need some sort of instructional header for it.

It looks good of course. But all the other cus... Kustom menus in your demo use the spriteset_map technique. Any plans for a Transparent background version to match?
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Nope, the map would not look mystic enough so I chose that background instead. I gotta check what the shift button actually does, but I suspect it is something not really implemented, yet. Tongue sticking out
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
I kind of lost interest in KLevel XP Plus and switched back to KPortrait XP project. Since I had some spare time I thought that would be a smart move, but now I am feeling like I should not have to. Why? Mainly because the people interested in such a script hardly showed up lately. Was I scammed? Tongue sticking out

Nowadays I really feel uninspired, bored, sleepy plus many other things. Nope, I get in my bed only to find out I drank too much caffeine in the last 12 hours... Confused

By the way, I don't trust dragons nor wyverns. Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
I started drinking coffee as well. I through it would help me to get some extra oomph but so far I'm still as tired and exhausted as ever. Maybe I ought to buy better stuff than the bargain bin brands I always seem to get.

Also, something I noticed in the battle scene. I created a common event that allows a skill to deal damage based on the user's PDEF and there's some remarkable slowdown when using Show Battle Animation. At first I thought it was thanks to the large party script I use but none of the animations used normally i.e employed by attacks/skills are affect. Even the most simple of animations cause the game to slow to a scrawl for a few frames only if executed by the previously mentioned command.
Reply }
Coffee has never given me any sort of boost whatsoever. Only thing that's ever given me "Energy" was 5 Hour Energy, and I did all the chores in the house in 1 hour, and played some shooting games and 360 noscoped everyone. Yeah, that stuff works Happy with a sweat 

So I've been "going back" to things I've had characters say in certain scenes. I switch up their unique "voice" to be more consistent. It takes more time, but it's worth it.
The same thing has been going on with text I write for books. I have to make the book sound like... A BOOK. Books by certain authors may even have different sounds and wordings to them as well. Different writing styles for different folks, eh?
It's been a fun experience.  Blushing + Cheery 
But darn, it takes me all day to write these books, and proofreading is killer.  Confused
Reply }
I have been thinking about a rumor system that might let idle heroes find rumors or hear about possible missions or jobs they can accept. It would not be a quest system at all, instead it would be a perfect excuse to get rid of nasty or lame heroes for a while at least... Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
KRumors XP in the works!

[Image: krumors002.png]

What do you think about it? What does it need in your humble opinion? Be as precise as possible or I won't be able to improve it as intended.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
You're getting better at menu design as you continue.

On a personal note, I was never a big fan of thick outlines. Thin outlines with a SHADOW effect... I find that works. And for an old-world background, the neon blue and neon red effect just doesn't seem right.

NOW... I see you're going for the typical 4 vertical member list option. And you have the Actor's Experience Level and Mission Status shown. You may want the first text be the hero's name and then follow down with the other two. One last option would be where the player MIGHT be able to find them. Winking Of course, that COULD be a rumor too.

Can I assume that some text goes to the right of these characters, the assumed mission or rumor that they are following? It might be fun to see how you handle it. If you're going to supply text that wraps from line to line, I recomment looking at the RMXP MACL scripts for text wrapping options. I used variations of them for Queen's Quest. Works like a charm.

And is this capable of scrolling if you have more than four lesser heroes on vacation?
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Dunno if I will change text colors or the actual contents, and I am unsure whether I should make it scroll or update the list per block of lazy heroes.
You know, a possible result could be that the travelling hero was captured by monsters or bandits... Shocked

EDIT

Take a look at a recent screenshot!

[Image: krumors005.png]

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }