Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
It was an example, I do not recall having any fox character sprite anyway. Tongue sticking out Plus I might just add one or two extra questions for the existing candidates, if I ever keep developing the script... Shocked
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
I have been working on my KUnits Gosu project, so far it seems maps load faster, but menus do not. They are a bit faster than before, but you can still notice some unjustified freezing that last upto 2 or 3 seconds. The reason seems to be the lack of enough pre cached images, even texts should be handled as images so I need to find ways to preload them before the game starts, if possible. As of now I have only preloaded characters because they have few custom settings, I just need to look for others like backgrounds and many more... I hate headaches for sure =_=
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Right now KUnits Gosu also sports a choice system after altering the "speaker" secondary window and the main message one. I had to redefine the class hierarchy to avoid including the famous KUnits checher icon in the secondary window. So you can really pick your favorite option in no time! The available event codes regarding choices are opening a scene and cancel the choice stage.

Contrary to what DerVVulfman might have first thought, the message system is not really similar to the typical RM one. It features a speaker box or subwindow (if needed) and a question box as well, the latter is useful for those moments when you wish to display a question or a heading while in the choice stage. That allows the player to choose one option from all the 4- currently available. As I stated before, it uses codes instead of conditional branches. This means you only need to enter a row of keywords to let the event execute it when it's the right time to do so, most of the time codes are the only thing needed there, but there are cases when you need to provide parameters and options as well. There are two ways to substitute regular expressions or keywords like the party leader's name or any othe hero's as well. The thing is that the speaker and main message windows might not be treated the same way due to their special features. I did not add monsters' names because I've got none in my database sofar Tongue sticking out

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Now KUnits Gosu is loading the first map's dialogues faster than before due to some additions to the module in charge of caching resources. Events now can process commands like earning or losing money! Besides it might show some face on screen if deemed necessary. Eventually it might also show a party's money window, but I don't know how it should look like. Sad I obviously want it to be different...

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
The Gosu rubygem, the addon for pure Ruby, has been updated last night and officially announced earlier today. It has reached version 0.13.3, but it's for windows users only because it finally added some support for Ruby 2.5.0 (the latest package out there). Linux users, myself included, may calmly use version 0.13.2 because we are not supposed to be missing anything at all... except for some minor change in dependencies' versions...

Yes, I have updated my KUnits Gosu project and uploaded compressed files (to mega...) earlier today, but I won't tell you anything about the changes because nobody seems to be interested in it so far.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
I have been lazy lately, plus ideas have been evading me. Not even caffeine has helped me at all. Sad Oh I dislike bossy and arrogant girls Tongue sticking out

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
I can still remember how I was enthusiastic about developing scripts like KUnits. Months ago, I was on another board and described all the goodies included in my script. Just because my script did not support more than six or eight teams, people kept rejecting it. They did not care about strategy or the fact they would not lose heroes that they had not picked.

Nope, that was not the only case where they discriminated my works. Do you call my KTeleport script? Well, I found out that some Brazilians dared to post harsh comments against it because it did not scroll the teleport map in any direction. My idea was to let them include as many maps as they wished as if they were separate regions or continents, but they did not appreciate it.

No one is forced to pick this scripter or any other, still, it did not feel good to see how they smashed a work where I had poured all of my sweat and creativity, going through lots of headaches while trying to overcome any maker's limitations.

That's why I have been thinking about quitting the gaming communities permanently. Really, stuff like reading one or two comments in favor of my works did not help me change my mind, those people were just including some of my simplest scriptlets...

I know I was never forced to craft scripts that people would love. Actually that was not my motivation the whole time, it was inspiration and creativity themselves. Sadly, people convinced me of believing they don't deserve to get any help from this lazy fox anymore.

Don't get it wrong, this forum has nothing to do with my situation. On the contrary I was glad whenever I could get some interesting feedback or suggestion. Anywhere else I have found nothing worth mentioning here, on some boards I am still waiting for any idea to show up...

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
It's truly regrettable that you feel this way. Methinks the best course of action would be taking a break from the scene and coming back when you feel like you are ready. It has worked for me in the past.

On an unrelated note, has anyone experimenting with having two different battle systems in a project? Like an ATB battle system and a Final Fantasy Tactics-ish battle system? The game I've been playing, Mimosín 2: La Leyend del Jabón, features both system which surprised me as I thought that such a thing was downright impossible due to all the incompatibilities that might rear their ugly heads.
Reply }
I remember toying with the idea at some point and I remmeber other people in the maker scene working with that concept a few times. I've seen it made but never actually played it myself.

Actually, come to think of it, one of the best "WTF" like examples for Trashgames I know had two battle systems, haha.

@kyonides, I am sad to hear that =(
There's a lot of work that goes into these systems, the fact that people have been so harsh to you is sad.

In terms of what's up with myself, I just found my first ever RPG Maker XP project by chance.
I now have an exact date of when I started all this madness, heh.
It feels long ago and equally like that's not long enoug, haha. But it makes sense. I knew it was 2009 at least.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
The ReGaL project I'm a part already includes both a detailed Action Timer battlesystem, though still frontview, and an ABS akin to my work on the Lycan ABS. And there's work being done on including a Tactical system of sorts as well. But even before that, yep.... one of my own projects used both Lycan and Charlie Fleed's CTB at the same time.

Gotcha beat, yamina. 2005 for lurking in Creation Asylum.... I guess 2000 for the appearance of RPGMaker 2000 when Don Miguel was around.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }