Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My anime character for my one of my games
Hello, I am now taking a photo shop class. I finally learned how to color on the computer using photo shop. I drew this character for one of my games.
[Image: JakeRazor.png]
The only problem I ran into was the dodge wouldn't lighten the black on the pants to make them look like leather. I just learned the coloring tecnique in class today. Don't be afraid to tell me what you think of the anime/manga drawing as long as you are contructive with your comments I won't get mad. Also keep in mind I am taking the class now and there is still a lot to learn as it goes on.
Reply }
I think you did a really good job! The lines could be a bit tidier, but it looks good!
Reply }
Yes I agree the lines could be better. Even with a drawing tablet it's hard but I'm sure I'll get better since I am taking a photo shop class. There is still a lot I have to learn. Thank you! :)
Reply }
This ain't half bad, but the lines could be smoothed out a wee bit and colored differently. For example, the hair being separated by white (maybe gray) lines makes the lines appear more jittery. The lines where black meets black could maybe be a darker shade too so contrast isn't too glaring. One other thing is that the left eye (our left, not the character's) is slightly smaller with a darker outline and has a slightly different viewing angle than the other eye. I actually the darker outline that it has because it defines the eye well. So just work on making the size about the same and make sure that the eye on the left has the same slight upward glance that the right has. Sorry, if that sounds critical... I just love giving drawing tips. It really is a great picture so far. The pose is impressive, I'm terrible at character posing.
Reply }
Thank you! I actually agree, the lines could be better. I ran into a problem with the Dodge tool though, it wouldn't lighten the pants for some reason even though I used a drawing pad and I wanted them to look like leather. How come it wouldn't lighten? Can you point out what I can do if that happens?
Reply }
Hmm... I can't help you much there. Sadly, I'm not too Photoshop proficient. There has to be somewhere on here who knows all that jazz though.
Reply }
Thank you, hopefully they'll see this post and tell me what I can do.
Reply }
Pretty good character and creative concept. I highly suggest getting SAI for lineart, but since it's for a photoshop class.... make a layer on top of it for lineart, I use gimp but I'm pretty sure it's with the path tool. Besides that, you really shouldn't shade with dodge/burn it only makes different values and doesn't affect saturation so you end up with very dull grey images, especially with skin tones which should have a large array of colors. The anatomy is pretty good, but you forgot the left half of his ribcage and his left arm is off, I think it joins too high? His fingers on his right hand are a little broken but fixable. Overall, good job :)
Quotes
Reply }
Thank you! The only problem is I was taught to use the dodge and burn tool in my photo shop class. I could try other ways though. :)
Reply }