Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can a "leech seed" state be done?
I just had a truly kickass idea but I'm unsure as to how feasible it might actually be...

Basically, I've been messing around on VX Ace and I'm wondering if it would be possible to make a state that transferred HP from the afflicted party to the initiator. Think of it like Pokemon's Leech Seed: you get healed as the target takes damage.

For those unfamiliar with the series, here's how it could work: let's say that Hero casts Leech Seed.
Enemy1 takes, say, 50 initial damage and gets afflicted with the "Leech Seed" state.
At the end of the turn, Enemy1 loses 10HP and Hero regains 10HP.
This lasts for the duration of the state, about 3~5 turns or so.

I think that this would actually be a pretty kickass ability, all things considered, but I'm just not sure if it would actually be possible without scripting... Any ideas, my friends?
3DS Friend Code: 3411-1039-9335
(Add me for teh pokeymanz and barvely deefalt!)

[Image: tumblr_inline_nzmbrz53G11sotucm_1280.png]
Click for the latest update - and vote for someone to die! >8D
Reply }
I think that you're actually describing this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA3nLsce7KE

edit: it would be a kick-ass script adaptation indeed.
Reply }
(01-02-2013, 11:02 PM)Iqus Wrote: I think that you're actually describing this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA3nLsce7KE

edit: it would be a kick-ass script adaptation indeed.
*Facepalm* YES! Exactamondo! I'll change the topic title. X3
3DS Friend Code: 3411-1039-9335
(Add me for teh pokeymanz and barvely deefalt!)

[Image: tumblr_inline_nzmbrz53G11sotucm_1280.png]
Click for the latest update - and vote for someone to die! >8D
Reply }
Using the standard battle system I think you could pull it off with events though code may be easier. I haven't tried VX in depth but I know it can be pretty limited when it comes to coding with events.
Reply }
Well, well, after checking this thread and playing a bit with my RMXP I deduced that a script might be needed mainly because the events don't offer you a way to automatically assign the HP the victim of leech seed loses to the skill user, you would need to make a of condition for every single actor and enemy in your database or see if there's really a way to use a variable for that but I don't think it's possible, unless you want to make a huge event or common event to deal with this skill. One of the main reasons to automatically discard such a possibility would be the fact that the event commands do not ask the game if a hero or enemy is being hit by a skill or not.

I made a script for XP default BS but since there are some serious difference between XP and Ace, you wouldn't be able to do anything with it at all.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
(01-03-2013, 08:36 AM)kyonides Wrote: I made a script for XP default BS but since there are some serious difference between XP and Ace, you wouldn't be able to do anything with it at all.

Sorry to change the topic, but would you be kind enough to share the script from XP? I would like to have it and it might inspire someone to try and reproduce it for VX :)
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  {RPGMXP} Create a state which protects you from a certain type of attack ThePrinceofMars 3 6,955 03-09-2015, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Steel Beast 6Beets