Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is so bad about this picture. . .
I made this using a template from Manga Studio Ex for the figure. NO I did not draw directly on the template I had it on another screen and put it in this pose. The last person who saw this really hurt my feelings by saying that his anatomy was at fault. Since I used a temnplate and am very good at drawing what I can see what is so bad about this cover? How can the anatomy be at fault if I used a template and was able to put it in that pose and am very good at drawing what I see?

[Image: MonsterBladeCover2_zps08d76811.png]
Reply }
I rather like it, though I must say the lower hand's pinky and that edge of the palm are a little wonk, but aside from that it looks good to me, better than I could produce.
Reply }
Thank you! As much as I hate to admit it I'm not very good at drawing hands, but practice makes perfect (:
Reply }
Actually the proportions are pretty spot on for this one. Good job. :)
Reply }
Thank you very much! (:
Reply }
the starkness in difference of color where you're trying to make shadow, and the inconsistency of the outline make it look cheap. try a different program.
Reply }
Yes, the program you're using or simply the settings on your brush aren't doing you any favours. Find some software that softens edges a bit maybe, like Paint Tool Sai.
Reply }
Actually I did use paint tool sai. Perhaps I need to make the shading a little softer. How do I soften edges in paint tool sai?
Reply }
No idea, that was just a suggestion and I don't have the software on my new PC so I can't help. :)
Ask Olivia maybe.
Reply }
you need to work on your shading and coloring, also, proportions are fine lengthwise, but thickness could use a little work, it seems that it's trying to be skinny, and then it's trying to be muscular at the same time, ti just looks off. It's a good start, much better than what I can produce, but you wanted honesty here. The lines are in places to straight, the curvature just isn't right. Despite your lines, your shading is what could use the most work. Also, the waist looks a little on the thin side, but I'd have to see comparative work. It's too straight. That said, it's still good work, it just needs some refinement.
Reply }