Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Work with what you got!
JayRay and MetalRenard, good question. I'm not the one in charge of the contest so I'm gonna get back to you on that one.

yamina-chan, you have 3 months and it doesn't exactly have to be the next Final Fantasy 7. :P
[Image: IMG28-1336331545.gif]
sig~na~ture
Reply }
I think I'm gonna give this a try, forgive me if I don't finish due to busy schedules, but you know what they say about competing and winning :)
Upcoming RPG XP project: Legends of the Flaming Falcons
In a distant future an ancient threat stirs...heroes of old take up their arms once more.
For my writing project that includes my rmxp project I'm also maintaining a private wiki; if you wish to follow me, let me know.
My developer blog can be found here:
http://the-otherworld-tales.blogspot.be/

[Image: Gazeteer%20-%20Pherione.gif]
Gazetteer responsible for Pherione's Developer Interviews. My thread here.

More info or questions? PM me
Reply }
It's perfectly alright, most of us are up to our eyeballs in "real life" ourselves. Take your time. :)
sig~na~ture
Reply }
I just don't like the fact that I might not be able to finish it in the end XD'
That's always so sad.
But I'll try anyway, if nothing else this gives me an excuse to work on something ^^

Edit: Actually, quick question: Does 'use the default resources' mean we have stick to things exactly as they come in the RTP or would we theoretically be allowed to combine two seperate RTP tilesets into one to have acces to both on one map, for example? It's not custom in the sense that you'd use non RTP material, but it is custom in the sense that you make a custom selection from the RTP.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
The answer to both questions is as follows...

Quote:I've decided that if it comes from RPG Maker RTP, it's fine.

Hope that clarifies things and good luck. :D
sig~na~ture
Reply }
Nice, that is going to make 'making things look pleasant' a lot more easy ^^
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Reply }
Then the character generator isn't included because it isn't RTP... Or is it?
Reply }
It comes with the Maker, does it not?
And you are still limited to the matchups you can make with the parts that are included in the RTP. So if it is fair game to re-arrange the Tilesets without adding to them, you should be able to rearange the parts of the Vanilla Character Makter that is part of the VXA RTP.
...That's what I'd think.

Reply }
JayRay pointed out that VXAce had some built-in generators. You're using RTP resources even when using their face generator. It's likely the one advantage that VXAce has over the others, even if I heard people grimace about the face generator.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Just checked with the contest creator and the face/sprite generator is ok. It's part of the program and not DLC. Go ahead and use it. :)
sig~na~ture
Reply }