Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Work with what you got!
Lightbulb 
Hello ladies and gentlemen, greenraven here again to peddle my wares. This time another contest for those of you interested.

Humble Bundle is having an RPG Maker special (link) and to get new people into game making or older people to upgrade to a new maker we're throwing a contest!

The rules are simple: You have until September 1st to complete a project or any number of projects using any maker you want, 2k, 2k3, XP, VX. But the catch is you have to work with what you've got. Be creative an only use the default resources your maker comes with. No custom sprites, no custom songs. Keep it simple because trying to live up to "custom" is what steers most of us into procrastination. The point is to have fun and get a project completed.

SUPER UPDATE: I have decided on the prize! The winner gets either a game of their choice off their Steam wishlist (or elsewhere if no Steam account) or a Humble Bundle. I'm limiting game prizes to $30 maximum. That's still pretty generous for a random stranger on the Internet.

For those of you interested check out the full topic on Angel Spire, and hope to see an entry from you in the not too distant future. Grinning
[Image: IMG28-1336331545.gif]
sig~na~ture
Reply }
Quote:using any maker you want, 2k, 2k3, XP, VX.
XP and VX/VXAce are acceptable but 2k and 2k3 are not on sale and therefore using them is only possible illegally. This means we cannot accept games that are made with those systems, sorry.

Nice idea for a competition, I was already considering running one myself anyway. You can count me in, though I would have enjoyed being able to make my own music for the game.

My idea for a competition was "everything happens in a single room".
Reply }
doing this. i have the story already done because it's a prequel!
Reply }
(06-01-2014, 07:57 PM)MetalRenard Wrote: Nice idea for a competition, I was already considering running one myself anyway. You can count me in, though I would have enjoyed being able to make my own music for the game.
That's good to hear (both of you). And we can start up another contest if you'd like were you can make a second game with custom resources. =P
sig~na~ture
Reply }
Quicky update, a prize has been decided on for those of you that need motivation outside of self-esteem. ;)

Quote:SUPER UPDATE: I have decided on the prize! The winner gets either a game of their choice off their Steam wishlist (or elsewhere if no Steam account) or a Humble Bundle. I'm limiting game prizes to $30 maximum. That's still pretty generous for a random stranger on the Internet.
sig~na~ture
Reply }
I'm in... needed a side project anyway... Question. Can we use RMVXA resources in RMXP?
[Image: yy7iKKb.png]

ITCH: jayray.itch.io
Currently working on Goblin Gulch (MV)
Currently working on JayVinci Resurrection
Currently working on Bakin ABS (BAKIN)
Reply }
I haven't quite decided if I want to take part in this or not.
Actually, that's not quite right. I really want to make something for this, but I don't know if I'll have the time to actually get somehting finsihed =/
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
Same question as JayRay.
Can we make a custom title screen too?
Also, what about use of scripts? And if no access to scripts is allowed what about custom event systems?
What about VXAce's character generator?
Reply }
title screens are a pretty insignificant thing to pick nits off. i've never seen a title screen that didn't make me want to immedietaly skip it to play
Reply }
MetalRenard - He did say no scripts 'that you didn't write yourself', so I would assume that means custom event systems... Basically, just a game using default resources.

(Hint: In this case, RMVXA would be the best..... Character Generator, Title Screen Creator... allows for tons of different characters, all 'default' by the pure definition out of the box.)
[Image: yy7iKKb.png]

ITCH: jayray.itch.io
Currently working on Goblin Gulch (MV)
Currently working on JayVinci Resurrection
Currently working on Bakin ABS (BAKIN)
Reply }