Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gif Player for RMVX ACE
Ello, i post in your site because i make actually a pokemon starter kit with rmvx ace.

I search a gif reader in RGSS 3, do you know man or website who make this?
Thanks for your reply !
Reply }
I know nothing of that sort already created for the RM scene, but surely it probably exists somewhere. Alternatively, you could probably search SourceForge to find some open source code which, one way or another, could be re-purposed for the project you're working on (but you'll have to get your hands dirty.)

One project I did find was Animated Gif Control, which is written in C for Windows, that could possibly be your best starting point. You'd either have to re-write it in pure Ruby, or compile a DLL with some API hooks to make it do what you need it to do. The biggest hurdle is figuring out how to draw things to the screen, you'll probably have to hack it together with the hidden Bitmap class to display it within your game. Good luck with that!

Sorry I don't have any further technical information or "plug and play" solutions, but I'm hoping that this will somehow help.
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
There was a script written for RPGMaker XP that simulated the effect of Animated Gifs, by playing a chain of .png files in sequence. SephirothSpawn was the creator and entitled the script 'Quick Animations'. It worked quite well, but only simulated an animated gif on the screen rather than actively using real Gif images.

Good thing too. Gif files cannot be cached, so they wouldn't end up in your encrypted/compressed final result.

I have a slightly rewritten version available (>HERE<) which fixes a minor issue where he forgot to let the png files cache and be encrypted. You may wish to use this as you cannot cache or encrypt Gifs.

OH... and while it was made for RPGMaker XP, there may be very little that is needed to make it work with VX or VXAce. I included a routine "Test Cache File #1" that ensures your game doesn't crash if the file is missing... that may need translating.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Thanks for your replys. I know SephirothSpawn's script, i know how make this type of script. I had not thought that i dont encrypted this... it's problem.
I had forgotten this detail. But use gif is really fast ...

I look in sourceforge.

I have a question in moment, there he is a topic for learn how use mgc_dll ? (not NM7, just dll's fonctions)
Reply }
His DLLs? I wish. But I do understand the inquiry. It is a total rewrite of the Graphics class afterall.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }