Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need congeography help
idk then, it sounds like these other people know way more about your world than you do. people tell me Arbor's Eve's world doesn't make sense, but they can all go to hell because it's my world, and im gonna bob ross the shit out of it.
Reply }
Yeah... Creative freedom is everything. Screw the rest.
Besides, we agree it's possible, so impose yourself and say it is so! *roars like a lion*
Reply }
That's not how conworlding works. Sure you can make a world that is nonsensical, but only if that is your AIM. However, that;s not my goal and I want a realistically plausible map and saying that "this is so because why not" is lazy on my part. I simply can't have a desert with mountains carved by glaciers AT the equator and say it was detailed and well-thought out.
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Vrkhazhian
ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
the twist at the end is that the equator is really the prime meridian because it tilts like uranus. also it's a snowglobe. i conworld as best i can, and leave the rest to suspension of disbelief. how important is geography to your world? you asked me specifically in the shoutbox and IM NOT GIVING UP ON YOU BUDDY!
Reply }
Very important, since my fictional culture is centered around the geography. Thus I want the realism and plausible. The world I refer to like an Alternate Earth...
I want to have very little suspension of disbelief...
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Vrkhazhian
ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
Well I give up. lol
The point is, it is absolutely plausible... But up to you. :)
Reply }