Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Fantasy Religions
It depends... http://www.caic.org.au/
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Vrkhazhian
ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
Exclamation 
Rosy, you're being extremely offensive.

Nobody likes a jerk, so just stop while you're in last place Confused
[Image: SP1-ResourceHunter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Director.png]

Destiny of End Thread: http://save-point.org/thread-5585.html
Destiny of End Twitter: https://twitter.com/DestinyofEnd
Destiny of End Youtube: (Coming soon)
Reply }
(01-31-2015, 10:37 PM)Bounty Hunter Lani Wrote: Rosy, you're being extremely offensive.

Truths are offensive...
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
(01-31-2015, 10:51 PM)Ahzoh Wrote:
(01-31-2015, 10:37 PM)Bounty Hunter Lani Wrote: Rosy, you're being extremely offensive.

Truths are offensive...
She's clearly flaming, not being "Truthful".

I'll let the admins deal with this, I'm out. Confused

Reply }

If being fair, basing my analysis purely off the religions history and coming to my own conclusions makes me a jerk then I embrace the term willingly.

I dont deal in absolutes and I dont have to like cultism Being normalized or defended.

And considering how many of these religions have killed,raped or otherwise destroyed humanity in the past. I have every right to be insulting that level of truly cultish behavior. Im not a jerk for being critical of religion, or cults. And considering how much I study mythology , to say my reaction to religion is anything short of justifiable is more insulting.

If you dont think thats reasonable Then I cant help but offend you. And how hypocritical to look at my frankly unbaised and historical based analysis and judge me on account that it might upset someone.
Its that kind of selfish nature that I reject.

I also feel I must reiterate that Thousands of people have died due to people Following religion to the letter. I refuse to accept being murdered just because you think Im overly critical.
If anything my anti-religiousness is a form of self defense. one that thankfully doesnt include murdering my opponents.
Reply }
(01-31-2015, 10:52 PM)Bounty Hunter Lani Wrote:
(01-31-2015, 10:51 PM)Ahzoh Wrote:

Truths are offensive...
She's clearly flaming, not being "Truthful".

I'll let the admins deal with this, I'm out. Confused
Which words are flaming? I only see a statement of opinions and observations...
She uses the word "cult" wrong, though, cults are usually manipulative in the sense of love-bombing, shunning, and isolating the cultmember from the outside influences. Jehovahs Witnesses could be considered a Christian-based cult.

People who follow their religion to the letter are simply Fundamentalists

Reply }
(01-31-2015, 10:56 PM)RosyPosy Wrote:

If being fair, basing my analysis purely off the religions history and coming to my own conclusions makes me a jerk then I embrace the term willingly.

I dont deal in absolutes and I dont have to like cultism Being normalized or defended.

And considering how many of these religions have killed,raped or otherwise destroyed humanity in the past. I have every right to be insulting that level of truly cultish behavior. Im not a jerk for being critical of religion, or cults. And considering how much I study mythology , to say my reaction to religion is anything short of justifiable is more insulting.

If you dont think thats reasonable Then I cant help but offend you. And how hypocritical to look at my frankly unbaised and historical based analysis and judge me on account that it might upset someone.
Its that kind of selfish nature that I reject.

I also feel I must reiterate that Thousands of people have died due to people Following religion to the letter. I refuse to accept being murdered just because you think Im overly critical.
If anything my anti-religiousness is a form of self defense. one that thankfully doesnt include murdering my opponents.
Too many things wrong with this to give a proper response. Nobody except terrorists (Which ARE a cult) and psychopaths would kill you for being overly critical, but the fact you refuse to admit you're not only failing to stay on the topic of game religions, but you're ATTACKING other religions by classifying them as cults is why I believe the admins will have to deal with you. I'm not gonna bother with this anymore, since I already had my game religions set before this thread was even made, and I don't deal well with conflict. I could literally have a heart attack if I don't leave now. Indifferent

And Ahzoh, she's attacking religions, which is off the original topic of creating a religion for a game. The attack was uncalled for, and thus, I'm sure it is flaming.
Read up on the rules. Confused

Reply }
(01-31-2015, 10:58 PM)Ahzoh Wrote: People who follow their religion to the letter are simply Fundamentalists
Its just alot more clarity- I dont think theres a need to separate cult from fundamentalism. cults use fundamentalism.
And like wise fundamentals are going to try to sway your emotions by the same means- using threats,excommunication, and slander.In my opinion the difference is size. Cults tend to be small- maybe a coupla thousand- but something like Baptists or the much scorned Mormons theyre considered fundamentalists. Culturally speaking they start and act similar to the smaller cults.
So I just dont see much use in the definition change. they are cults as far as Im conserned cause they both rob that sense of agency and self.
Reply }
http://save-point.org/misc.php?action=help&hid=1

Top 3 rules.

Just looking out for you, Rosy.

Reply }
Yes, off topic, but I wouldn't call it "attacking", per se.
Only terrorists and psychopaths would kill us for voicing criticism? Yea, then there are a frightening amount of them in the Middle-East, in Russia and Southern US!

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   The Ultimate Guide for Making Nifty Fantasy RPGs by Magus Masque DerVVulfman 5 10,331 06-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Last Post: sakhawat21
   Final Fantasy Guide Satiel 1 5,106 07-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Last Post: EJlol