Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 A body made in code
So, I woke up a month or so ago and said to myself. I want to create a human without child support and such.

Maybe it was the old pizza, maybe a lack of sleep beforehand, who knows.

I looked at my newly fixed computer and thought...how am i gonna do that.

Then I thought...Am I doing too much..who wants a artificial human. I look at my dusty play station and I remembered...Vagrant Story.

Played it for a while and thought, maybe i have over complicated this.  However, I am gonna role with it.

Gonna make it so Actor class runs like a actual human. Gets hungry if you don't eat (thermogenesis and such), uses energy and kills your muscle skin etc which lowers your defense and attack. Gains energy when you exercise then uses it to move. Has actual body parts instead of HP, the life bar replaced with a soul/stam gage and a homeostasis bubble. Has pulse, and breathes so button mash to much and you will run out of breath and heart rate increases. Eat too much and you get fat act slower. Get depressed and forgetful and you forget a move (you can learn again so long as you have the talent for it).

Question is...this obviously not a necessity, BUT is it worth while? This is completely crazy, BUT is it a feature worth putting the time in?

Boredom has spoken.
Reply }
Sure, it sounds like a great series of mechanics to create some interesting game play. Why not explore it more?

At first I thought you were going to turn your computer into a robot and try to program AI into it and get yourself a child baby boy... and then you and your robot would get kidnapped and ransom money would be demanded, but you wouldn't have anything to offer but your AI, and then they would raise the robot as a thug but his battery would be damaged and he would need the monies for a new body.
[Image: userbar.gif] [Image: userbar.gif]
Reply }
But if I hauk my AI and the kid battery dies that leave me. I would be better off making a mechanized body, and electric soul, with plastic memories for my self. Then I could upgrade myself like Johnny Depp in that movie ... hmmm....what was it called...Transcendence I think was the name. Time to google.
Reply }
So what you're considering is an enhanced version of the hunger/thirst/sleep system. Insofar as foods, you could go and make different foods give different results (meat vs fruits vs starches..... vs beer). And you would likely need a stamina/drain system so you can get fatigued. You can have different stats that can make the player weak besides that, such as blood loss.

And here I was thinking you were revisiting the old 80's movie, Weird Science. Laughing + Tongue sticking out
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
(06-04-2015, 06:02 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: So what you're considering is an enhanced version of the hunger/thirst/sleep system.  Insofar as foods, you could go and make different foods give different results (meat vs fruits vs starches..... vs beer).  And you would likely need a stamina/drain system so you can get fatigued.  You can have different stats that can make the player weak besides that, such as blood loss.

And here I was thinking you were revisiting the old 80's movie, Weird Science.  Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Actually you are not far off. beer would offer ethanol, based on my conversion that's 7 energy. Fats like non-lean burgers and pork skins (my blood pressure screaming) would offer about 9.

Code:
# ===============================================
     # Digestive System
     # --------------------------
     # Energy - Base power source of ALL actions include walking
     # Nutrients - Based on absorb rate vers toxics controls energy generation

@energy = 1000
     @digest_energy_expense = 0.10
     @nutrients = []
     @nutrient_absorb_rate = 8.7
     @nutrient_toxics_rate = 3.2
     @fats = 9 # fatty acids
     @proteins = 4 # amino acids
     @carbohydrates = 3.75 # Sugars
     @ethanol = 7 # non essential acetic acids

Blood Loss is worked in there.

Code:
     # Circulatory System
     # -------------------------
     # Pace - Pace controls all task speeds
     # Heart - Controls pace on bodily systems by quardrant
     # Blood - Creates percentage of pace and stabilization
     # Blood Flow - Percentage of task difficulty
     # Blood Pressure - Strain and Energy consumption based on task diff perc

@heart = [100.00, 100.00, 100.00, 100.00]
     @heart_energy_expense = 0.07
     @blood = 175.975 # 175 ml/ 5 L Max blood body contains
     @blood_flow = 100.00
     @blood_pressure = [50..90,75..140] #diastalic/Systalic
Reply }
And...if and that is a BIG IF my incarnate system works then much like the nerds in weird science you could create an incarnate who is a hot woman. Of course that depends on how the game AI determines to generate you inner "avatar". And she would be the size of a building since most "incarnate" are immortal so she would be your "Breast Goddess" so. Gonna have to see.
Reply }
basically this, then http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatures_%..._series%29
Reply }
(06-05-2015, 12:02 AM)MechanicalPen Wrote: basically this, then http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatures_%..._series%29

A rather simplified version. My idea would not include procreation. It also does not extend to a macrocosmic scale. Its isolated to bodily functions with a few outside forces such as if it hot and the body cant cool its self through respiration you loose more energy at one time based on your weight, height, activity level.
Reply }
Creatures had a whole system for breaking chemicals down into other chemicals. Food into energy, and such. It was cool.
Reply }
(06-05-2015, 05:32 PM)MechanicalPen Wrote: Creatures had a whole system for breaking chemicals down into other chemicals. Food into energy, and such. It was cool.

I dont know that scripting abilities extend that far, but I going to make and accurate as i possibly can. And of course get some fun in their too.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Indy made "RM"-like programs? Kain Nobel 15 20,659 03-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Legacy