Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first take at pixel art (sword ?)
Like many other  ppl I suck at art, like im just bad at it. I couldnt sketch to save my life. I still decided to try and make a sword.

[Image: i73kfp.jpg]
Reply }
Its not bad! Keep it up!
[Image: userbar.gif] [Image: userbar.gif]
Reply }
(07-23-2015, 10:45 PM)thephantom Wrote: Its not bad! Keep it up!

I swear I've probably done the same sword like 50 times after posting this one usaing different colors and is like if I'm getting worse with each try. But I do want to learn so quiting is not an option.
Reply }
Well, the bottom of the hilt ends with a point which I'd probably flatten. Other than that, nice sword.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
@DerVVulfman, I took your advice and also decided to experiment a bit with colors, slight changes on shape and a wee bit of anti-alias.

.png   bad sword 2.png (Size: 504 bytes / Downloads: 51)
.png   bad sword 3.png (Size: 543 bytes / Downloads: 51)
.png   bad sword 4.png (Size: 538 bytes / Downloads: 51)
.png   bad sword 5.png (Size: 455 bytes / Downloads: 51)

It seems I got long ways to master a simple sword.
Reply }
Color does make a difference. I mean, a Bronze sword would have a more muddy reddish color while a steel sword carries one of light gray. And hey, everyone starts somewhere. Hm. Nice having the crossguard on the last one to curve up towards the attacker to catch his blade.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
Nice first try, good luck keeping up the momentum to make progress. :)
Reply }
I will be trying to dedicate a couple of hours a day. I know that this will take time and the more I practice and fail the better I'll get at it.

Maybe I should invest in a drawing tablet ?
Reply }
To each his own, I guess, if one is more comfortable with pen, pad or pointer.

Reply }
(07-25-2015, 03:14 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: To each his own, I guess, if one is more comfortable with pen, pad or pointer.

So far I've been switching back and forward between a mouse and the touch screen of my laptop. Even tried a few times a 7" tablet that I have but hated. I like better the mouse but after a while it starts causing me some pain.

My recklessness of the day. What started as a knife idea was turned into a candle. Both candles are slightly different, with one looking better than the other (IMO)

.png   knife1.png (Size: 282 bytes / Downloads: 24)  
.png   candle 1.png (Size: 306 bytes / Downloads: 24)  
.png   candle 2.png (Size: 321 bytes / Downloads: 24)  
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pixel's tnsi 6 11,321 04-16-2019, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Someone
Tongue Can't draw a pixel Francexi 3 6,336 05-19-2016, 03:22 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
Heart Pixel Art, Sketches, and Writings... cosmickitty 58 76,785 06-29-2015, 04:43 AM
Last Post: cosmickitty
  Samven's Sword-Associated Doodles Samven 1 4,075 08-11-2011, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Jacket
Photo Holders Pixel & Art Holder 8 11,009 03-10-2011, 12:56 AM
Last Post: MetalRenard
  My first try at pixel art Yin 2 4,677 05-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Yin