Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 ePic Character Generator
I just had to throw this out there. Overhead Games put together an awesome steam app, and the demo is free... and DLC packs are cheap. It's called ePic Character Generator.

The moment I started messing with it, I fell in love with its ease of use. It's still being improved on, and has more and more resources added daily, but with that being said. Here's the link to learn more about ePic, and what it can do for you and your game creation characters...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/408930/

And here's what I created with just a couple of packs!

[Image: silas_zpsicgswvye.png]

My Review:

The ePic Character Generator creates 3d-pre-rendered characters for everything from RPG tokens, Trading Card Games, and Portraits for various adventure games, all without having the end user mess with one model or texture, or deal with trying to cutout tons of pieces and hope they fit to each other. Using a server-hosted content, ePic allows the user to log in from anywhere at anytime and basically have access to all his items.

I found ePic Character Generator to be easy to use. Perhaps... too easy? While it would be nice to be able to go into a third level of customization for various outfits, like 2 or 3 layers per part which could then be colorized and hued seperately, and maybe having a bit more customization with the facial features, I like the overall concept and customization possibility. The art stylings of Sade Shizuku make the scenes and environment seem more photorealistic, and you can see the effort put into the software by Greg, Csaba, and LBandy

First though, no love for the fatties... Friar Tuck might have to sit this one out, as you really only have an option for one specific body style, unless it's one of the larger supernatural or animorphic brutes. However, you can literally make hundreds or thousands of different characters, adventurers, and even monsters without a lot of work. There's also a save feature AND an Export feature to bring everything out to the real world, or to save and edit another day.

The staff of four (yeah, only four people) are quick to answer a lot of questions, and given the resources that are provided, I find the price-point to be a good deal, even if the Pro Version 'seems' a bit steep.

With a "purchase what you want, discard what you don' want" style of product, a person can slowly purchase all the packs without having to go broke, and for only $49.99 you can get the logos taken off the corner of the character's portrait, and you don't even have to credit ePic after that point, although they really appreciate any free advertising you can get them.

With that said, I would rate ePic a 7/10, and in my opinion, I only rate it this low due to the program not being able to bloom to what I can only expect to be a much larger resource pool.
[Image: yy7iKKb.png]

ITCH: jayray.itch.io
Currently working on Goblin Gulch (MV)
Currently working on JayVinci Resurrection
Currently working on Bakin ABS (BAKIN)
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   glitch art generator unwashedmendicant 1 5,645 05-05-2017, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Bounty Hunter Lani
Heart  Faceset Generator cosmickitty 0 4,554 01-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Last Post: cosmickitty
   TVTropes - Story and Character Ideas Obsession 1 5,765 06-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Pherione
   CharaGen - All In One Character Generator computerwizoo7 25 48,134 05-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Last Post: XP Kobold
   Video Game Name Generator amp 3 8,034 05-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Boot