Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 FPLE Camera Height
Photo 
Hahaha thanks, I'm like a coon. :)

Indeed was realized with FPLE 1.5 MGC system, I joined on the forum because I felt that I should warn you of this bug. I tested the panoramas without your addon and they fit it perfect but when putting them with the addon, it looks like the image I showed you.

Here are some samples of what I mean:

Images

Seriously I love your addon because it solves the dilemma that things do not look so far,  but has the problem that this does not see nothing aesthetic,  Sad  besides it is a few slow when walking, with the added addon.

PD: There is also a problem with images ghosting like what the panoramas and fogs.
I am very grateful for the addon Very happy + Tongue sticking out  and beforehand in case you decide to repair these bugs in a new version. I will be aware of the topic
[Image: YhuZaMg.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Tileset.png]
Reply }
yes, I get the same bug as well, panorama position is shifted and make my outdoor map weird :(
other than that, it's a good addon :)
Reply }
Im want to try this script out but i get the same problem as before with render. I have to look at the script to see if i can find the problem. It really solves the problem of evrything looking too far.
~Love Without Boundaries~
[Image: SP1-Designer.png]
Reply }
Okay, call me an idiot.

Point me in the direction how to get those freakin panoramas and fogs to work, because I get the freakin backgrounds overlapping the walls like it's a ghost.

How's Mihoshi and your sister, Ayeka, doing?
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
(11-24-2016, 06:47 PM)DerVVulfman Wrote: Okay, call me an idiot.

Point me in the direction how to get those freakin panoramas and fogs to work, because I get the freakin backgrounds overlapping the walls like it's a ghost.

How's Mihoshi and your sister, Ayeka, doing?

[Image: unbenanntb_by_tsunamijurai-dapmx1a.png]

I meant this error. I copied both scripts and I got the same error. I don't know what extra stuff firefox added, It looks clean to me. I checked the ends but everything looks ok. Is this script only for 3D or I can use it in the normal way(2D)?

But i dont know about the fogs and panoramas. I think from the picture I have seen, they don't repeat like they should. If repeated or a bigger fog picture woud it work better?

They are good as always :)
~Love Without Boundaries~
[Image: SP1-Designer.png]
Reply }
Oh, the script is a patch for MGC's FPLE (First Person Labyrinth Engine). In this, you would have this script posted 'below' his engine system. It is not meant as a standalone and the error you mentioned is when it attempts to attach new code to MGC's new RPLE_Render class. And it has to be pasted below his system so it can see an already existing update method for an existing FPLE_Render class. If you don't have his FPLE system, there wouldn't be an FPLE_Render class with an update method to alias.

The other inquiries before yours were about an altered fog/panorama viewport which I would surely like to figure out... let alone see how they get it looking that good. When I set a panorama into an FPLE tileset, it appears through the walls like it is a ghost. Not something it should I expect.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
DerVVulfman Wrote: Wrote:The other inquiries before yours were about an altered fog/panorama viewport which I would surely like to figure out... let alone see how they get it looking that good. When I set a panorama into an FPLE tileset, it appears through the walls like it is a ghost. Not something it should I expect.

I think it's about the work I was doing in FPLE, it wasn't altered any picture and the effect so the walls do not seen like ghosts can be configured in a part of the script, (I just checked it, and I changed some Values without affect anything more about script)

Code:
  *FPLE Game_System
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------

# * Public Instance Variables
  #     fple (boolean)                : true = FPLE mode activated.
  #     fple_view_distance (int)      : only surfaces within this distance are
  #                                     displayed. Must be > 0.
  #     fple_light_distance (int)     : fading distance. Must be > 0. 0 : deactivated.
  #     fple_resolution (int)         : resolution during movements
  #                                     0:max, 1:medium, 2:low, 3:ugly
  #     fple_always_same_res (boolean): true = same quality when moving or not
  attr_accessor :fple
  attr_accessor :fple_view_distance
  attr_accessor :fple_light_distance
  attr_accessor :fple_resolution
  attr_accessor :fple_always_same_res
  attr_reader :fple_angle, :fple_target_angle
  attr_accessor :fple_rotation_direction, :fple_rotation_speed
  attr_reader :fple_cos, :fple_sin
  # * Object Initialization
  def initialize
    initialize_fple_game_system
    self.fple = false
    self.fple_view_distance = 6  #<--- Changed to 10
    self.fple_light_distance = 5 #<--- Changed to 0
    self.fple_resolution = 1
    self.fple_always_same_res = true
    self.fple_angle = 0
    self.fple_target_angle = 0
    self.fple_rotation_direction = 1
    self.fple_rotation_speed = 8
  end

It were not such a great thing. In addition with a script call in a parallel start event, you can keep on some maps fading the walls to give it a touch of darkness or simulate it.

Quote:DerVVulfman Wrote:
Point me in the direction how to get those freakin panoramas and fogs to work, because I get the freakin backgrounds overlapping the walls like it's a ghost.

If that was or not it was with me, it wasn't necessary to use that strong language... I just wanted to know if you could solve the problem with those things.

Images
[Image: YhuZaMg.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Tileset.png]
Reply }
Shocked  Just those two variables?  That's it?  Well... guess what.  I'm putting that AND your two screenshots in the 1st post to describe how to adjust the panorama and what the two values actually do.  Yep, yer in the 1st post!

And now...

BUMP
to version 1.1

Rather entertaining and odd, I had to look and see how to handle the panorama, fog and weather planes.  Yep, talk was about the panorama, but no one checked the weather.  Since all three planes were made the same way, they all must be affected the same way, right?  Winking

Well, it came down to the initial creation of the planes and their position in the first viewport.    A change was made to the Spriteset_Map class when the graphics are initialized, so these planes are actively created and properly set BEFORE the viewports are adjusted to their proper positions. 

So now you should have no problems!

Reply }
BUMP
to version 1.2

A bit more work needed to be done to the add-on, a fix that accommodated more than just the panorama and fog backgrounds.

The new reworked system now fixes issues that rzrcoon recently informed me that involved 'pictures' invoked with the Show Picture event system.  So after a prolonged investigation (about 20 seconds), I determined  .... (Yeah, I said 20 seconds :P ) ... that the system I used to resize the viewports to enable the height adjustment system had to be placed AFTER nearly everything else. 

I'm spending more time typing this than what it took to fix the script.

Meanwhile, I did notice something rather odd while the script was in use.  That oddity is that while employed, weather effects are drawn behind the wall effects from the FPLE system.  This is not exactly preferable.  In fact, it is damn odd.  So instead of keeping the weather effect in the same viewport as the walls and tilesets, I took it out of the 1st viewport and inserted it into the viewport that draws the fog effects.  It's working very nicely that way.

Reply }
BUMP
to version 1.3

Just a tad more work needed in order to ensure the viewports worked the way they should.  Also, the feature needed to ensure weather effects are drawn below 'pictures' from the show-picture event system. 

That... SHOULD be it.   Blushing + Cheery 

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Basic Width and Height kyonides 0 3,084 06-26-2019, 03:17 AM
Last Post: kyonides
   [WIP] FPLE 2 MGC 17 39,068 01-08-2018, 04:06 AM
Last Post: Darkantuan
   FPLE : First Person Labyrinth Explorer MGC 66 126,896 09-29-2017, 03:47 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Golden Sun Camera Battle System DerVVulfman 5 26,592 11-02-2014, 06:42 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Ar Tonelico CBS Add-On : Atelier Series Battle Camera MGC 13 29,701 02-03-2013, 03:26 AM
Last Post: penguwin
   Importing FPLE maps in RMVX MGC 5 15,557 04-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Last Post: albertcprice
   XRXS's Full-View Battleback & Movable Camera XRXS 0 5,268 06-10-2009, 03:30 AM
Last Post: XRXS