Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 I need a Savior
Yeah i had most of my compatibility problems fixed, and i did add some new scripts which didn't cause errors so thats why I kept them in.

I'll tell the problems i have beforehand so you know where to look.

1- Multislots - Guillaume777 - Worked fine on a new game, Load the game and everything crashes.
Derwulfmans - Crashes when i open equipmenu (line 152 method error) (seems to be easier to fix that g777)
I am using Wulfmans in my scripts data, so i don't have g777 anymore, but if you want to test with g777 and make that 1 work
or wulfmans, suit yourself but I'm sure you have more experience with wulfmans code here :P

2- MP Daily Life - Trying to get the Time HUD to show up, a HUD to show what time and date it is...Works in the demo project of MP, doesn't work
in my project.

3- Battle System problems (minor) : Actor Battlers overlay on top of menus (select Skill menu and your Battler appears over the skills you try to choose
making it hard to read.) Status Effects : They don't appear, it has been noted they do appear but far too low in the menu therefore outisde of screen resolution... Confusion : Instead of attacking itself the ATB Bar is filled, No action is commit until a while, then at random attacks an ally and becomes unconfused.

So heres a file containing my scripts and gfx files. Note : These compatibility issues seem to happen because of the Moonpearl scripts, possibly ACMS.

http://www.filedropper.com/scriptsgfx

Thanks Again :)
Reply }
Sorry if this was missing

http://www.filedropper.com/acsmss

There it is :) thanks
Reply }
Yeeeeah, Moonpearl's system is a bit out of whack. She put in no safeguards on her system as I would have done. For example you have this in the constants settings for animations:
Code:
# Animation ID played upon selecting item (0 for none)
ANIMATION_SELECT = 101
# Animation ID played upon deselecting item (0 for none)
ANIMATION_DESELECT = 0
# Animation ID looping on selected item (0 for none)
ANIMATION_SELECTED = 102
# Animation ID played upon decision (0 for none)
ANIMATION_DECIDE = 103
# Animation ID played upon cancel (0 for none)
ANIMATION_CANCEL = 104
# Animation ID played upon buzzing (0 for none)
ANIMATION_BUZZER = 105
Each one does state '(0 for none)' in the instructions, but that doesn't work. For example, if you set one of these to '0' as it suggests, the system will attempt to play animation ID #0 in your database. Since there is none (it starts at 1 afterall), it crashes. *BOOM!*

But I am at a total loss, seeing the amount of wasted code, redundant code, the rewrite and relocation of the working default scripts where needed, and the apparent use of many features which tells me that the system she wrote was made using an illegaly translated version of RPGMaker XP.

While her scripts may be visually attractive, they are in serious need of a reconstruction and update for proper RPGMaker XP users. And while being reconstructed, safeguards (as I mentioned above) should be put into place.

*DerVV runs to get aspirin*
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
(05-15-2016, 03:31 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: Yeeeeah, Moonpearl's system is a bit out of whack.  She put in no safeguards on her system as I would have done.  For example you have this in the constants settings for animations:

Code:
# Animation ID played upon selecting item (0 for none)
ANIMATION_SELECT = 101
# Animation ID played upon deselecting item (0 for none)
ANIMATION_DESELECT = 0
# Animation ID looping on selected item (0 for none)
ANIMATION_SELECTED = 102
# Animation ID played upon decision (0 for none)
ANIMATION_DECIDE = 103
# Animation ID played upon cancel (0 for none)
ANIMATION_CANCEL = 104
# Animation ID played upon buzzing (0 for none)
ANIMATION_BUZZER = 105
Each one does state '(0 for none)' in the instructions, but that doesn't work.  For example, if you set one of these to '0' as it suggests, the system will attempt to play animation ID #0 in your database.  Since there is none (it starts at 1 afterall), it crashes.  *BOOM!*

But I am at a total loss, seeing the amount of wasted code, redundant code, the rewrite and relocation of the working default scripts where needed, and the apparent use of many features which tells me that the system she wrote was made using an illegaly translated version of RPGMaker XP.

While her scripts may be visually attractive, they are in serious need of a reconstruction and update for proper RPGMaker XP users.  And while being reconstructed, safeguards (as I mentioned above) should be put into place.

*DerVV runs to get aspirin*
Ive chatted with Moonpearl before and She is actually a He...and yeah the scripts ARE quite finiky...but when working they're really good
Reply }
As I pointed out, his instructions to assign animation effects from the database is in error. When I set them all to 0 as directed, the system does indeed crash. With that, more could potentially be incorrect.

Meanwhile, I am against hotwiring specific graphics into code... preferring to have a config section where you can set the names of your files (and thus have additional instructions). Since you cannot create new fields within the [F9]Database for your menu, a configuration section for a page is the next best thing... something the end user can modify.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
So does this mean I'M fucked or is there a fix possible?
Reply }
Gotta link to the original Moonpearl systems you're using?

Tackling the systems to make them uniform for general use would be the first step. One thing no scripter should ever do is to alter or distort the default scripts in the manner I saw in your project. The typical line-up of the default scripts in your library should always begin with
Code:
Game_Temp
Game_System
Game_Switches
Game_Variables
...etc
whereas this cannot be said in your provided demo. The scripts were re-arranged and could have been directly altered.

Direct tampering of the default scripts is a general no-no. True enough, the first actual 89 scripts in the collection are name-matched to the 89 default scripts (not including MAIN), but rearranged and I would need to go through all of those to ensure no additional edits.

I see that Moonpearl decided to craft a sort of compact exerpt of the RPGMaker XP SDK system by Trickster, Rataime, SephirothSpawn... etc, called the Moonpearl Scene_Base. In a project for our own gaming system of which I'm a part, we have our own variant. But it will part of the standard code. As this is a form of rewrite of the default code, I will need to examine this (but it shouldn't interfere too much).

But yeah... I would like to examine 'each' of the Moonpearl systems individually seeing how some features are missing instructions. As an example, the setup script in MP Daily Life had no comments towards the Variable Binders, or how to manipulate them.

Oh... I had to do some additional edits as the normally defined party starts with Aluxes, and the main menu script screamed at me as there was no proper aluxes portrait in your package. Tongue sticking out I might need your Actors, Animations, ... um, everything else in Data except the map, mapinfos, commonevents and tilesets. Anything that might need to have been altered for your demo like the weapons/armors for multislots or skills.

Hehehe... I use Syn's customization system too. Seriously! I mean, sure get points for fighting and everything, but just increase your skills automatically??? I use Syn's system to show I am actively training to get better!!! Makes sense to me.

Reply }
As for raw moonpearl scripts i believe you can find that on his blog, the main scripts were prolly disarranged because the fact when i first had the moonpearl scripts it worked with his script manager which required removal of the default scripts, Moonpearl ent up making his scripts usable without the Script manager therefore i had to manually put the default scripts back in.

As for the daily life, the instructions of any MP scripts are in his Demo's which you can get from his blog.

http://moonpearl-gm.blogspot.ca/
Reply }
So i decided to Post a few Teasers of my project :3 

Capital City (In progress)

Osdrahya Desert (North) Everdrought Desert (South)

World Map (In Progress) *You can see Osdrahya/Everdrought*
Food?
Reply }
Cass? Word of warning. Moonpearl's system includes a 'scene_base' rewrite that affects all the Scene scripts in a project. The scripts with 'Scene' in their name are sorta like the actual running engines of your system, while those called 'Game' are your data holders and 'Windows' holds all your menu stuff.

As he changed all the scene codes to a degree, it will affect any other script you use that uses scenes. That's one of the problems that Multi-Slots had, and a problem you and Starmage will encounter using them. He added 'it should make writing scripts easier. True, but not good when you have to use scripts by others... a problem the SDK had.

Still, I worked out something you can find useful.

Moonpearl Patch for Multi-Slots!
DerVVulfman (May 22, 2016)

This patch allows the Multi-Slots system to work with the Animated Custom Menu created by Moonpearl. Due to Moonpearl's recreation of certain scene classes, this script does require some editing by the end user.

Reply }