Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 [Reviews] Tileset stylish modern suburbs. (ENHANCED) **
Hello Folks!  Very happy + Tongue sticking out I want to share something I made for me and I shared in Spanish-speaking forums.

I found the happiness that often prefer to develop games with an air of today in day. I've taken some time to be developing tileset suburban American style.

[Image: graying-suburbs_zpsetvbr6ji.jpg]

I think it would be interesting to see something like that created in a rpg done for us, but unfortunately that dream has not had seen, I managed to see things similar but never like that... Until now that I created this. Anyway I share a small preview of what I done, they give me his opinions and as I might going improving it, that's all:

Images

NOTE:
Parallax formed with some addons I found in internet, but most are things I did in RIP, but it is something still under development.
PD: I am sorry for my bad english  Sweat
[Image: YhuZaMg.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Tileset.png]
Reply }
Picket fences? Rod iron fences? Vinyl siding? Okay, I'm not a fan of sea green... but dayum. And shade differences for mowed lawns. And yep, gotta recommend the work you did on the old-style white wickerwork base for the houses too.

The street lights aren't all that modern, looking more the oil-lap style. Hit up my 1st-Story Lycan ABS demo for some more modern tiles as the beginning has a couple of characters leaving a movie theater in the city.... before things start to happen.

Oh, and have you thought about all-brick houses or half-brick? My house has red brick from the base on up to the first floor window. After that, it's siding.

Shocked Is that a lawn chair??? It's missing a small table with an umbrella and a tall iced tea Winking

Oh, some mailboxes are attached to houses. Those you have are prone to BASEBALL BATS!!! Might be entertaining to see a bashed up/beaten mailbox. Winking

You are planning on making these Tilesets public as we're in the Resource board, right? Otherwise this topic belongs in Maps and Screenshots.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
(09-12-2016, 12:08 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: Picket fences?  Rod iron fences?  Vinyl siding?  Okay, I'm not a fan of sea green... but dayum.  And shade differences for mowed lawns.  And yep, gotta recommend the work you did on the old-style white wickerwork base for the houses too.

The street lights aren't all that modern, looking more the oil-lap style.  Hit up my 1st-Story Lycan ABS demo for some more modern tiles as the beginning has a couple of characters leaving a movie theater in the city.... before things start to happen.

Oh, and have you thought about all-brick houses or half-brick?  My house has red brick from the base on up to the first floor window.  After that, it's siding.

Shocked  Is that a lawn chair???  It's missing a small table with an umbrella and a tall iced tea Winking

Oh, some mailboxes are attached to houses.  Those you have are prone to BASEBALL BATS!!!  Might be entertaining to see a bashed up/beaten mailbox. Winking

You are planning on making these Tilesets public as we're in the Resource board, right?  Otherwise this topic belongs in Maps and Screenshots.

Well, this tile-set I do it with addons of others tilesets and few new things you can see in the screenshots are pixel art work I did (like plants that have no shadows and other stuff over there), and yup, I thought I might in publish it at end, is why I ask opinions to improve this tile-set. 

It is not entirely mine but is a project with good intentions, I know I have errors regarding everything you told me... I will consider all these things. Thankyou  Very cheery

Quote:Some others Awnsers

U: Picket fences? Rod iron fences? Vinyl siding?
Me: Idk, so old-school type? lol

U: The street lights aren't all that modern, looking more the oil-lap style.
Me: Effectively have that shape, and there are such connections modern light bulbs.

U: Oh, and have you thought about all-brick houses or half-brick? 
Me: Of course, they will be implemented in the tileset, the half-brick houses, :3

U: Is that a lawn chair???  It's missing a small table with an umbrella and a tall iced tea.
Me: I know that you say it jokingly, but maybe if lacking more garden furniture.

U: Oh, some mailboxes are attached to houses.  Those you have are prone to BASEBALL BATS!!!
Me: Ik, Ik.  Laughing

U: You are planning on making these Tilesets public as we're in the Resource board, right?  Otherwise this topic belongs in Maps and Screenshots.
Me: Before posting, I checked the sections of the forum and did not I found one that says "Maps and screenshots."   Confused

I guess with your observations, dies this topic, if case someone else has other opinions.
Reply }
DIES? DIES? Don't die. It can continue, right? Continued postings. If it's just for showing off your work as you go, I can move it into Development Discussion. And the Maps and Screenshots thread within that board is (>HERE<)

But if you do play to release it, this thread can remain put here... and I would appreciate hearing of other suggestions from others (be it from here or anything you post). You only obtained one day's observations after all.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
I think a version of them with some SNOW would be an interesting addition!  Grinning

But yeah, these look GREAT!  Shocked 
And I hope the thread doesn't die too soon, this is great stuff  Winking
[Image: SP1-ResourceHunter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Director.png]

Destiny of End Thread: http://save-point.org/thread-5585.html
Destiny of End Twitter: https://twitter.com/DestinyofEnd
Destiny of End Youtube: (Coming soon)
Reply }
Howdy again! today I come with another small preview of the tileset , since you motivated me a little more to carry on the topic and to improve it with their opinions. Very cheery

Stone Coating

[Image: gjg_zpss9720ngy.jpg]
Reply }
Oh! Hohoho! Cobblestone facing! Nice! You need a bit of shading next to your chimney though.

Can't wait to see what's next.

Reply }
Grinning this looks amazing!
I'm starting to wonder what other tilesets you've done now!

have you ever done a decrepid laboratory? (prolly not)

are your tilesets going to be commercial use? if so how many points do you want!
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: 55e3faa432d9efb86b8f19a6f25c0126-dawz35x.png]

new logo for Yesteryear created by Lunarberry!
Reply }
Hello friends! I could not have advanced the tileset, almost at all for a few technical problems that have suffered I and my computer ... I am very sad :(
Reply }
Hey. Things happen all the time. I just had to undergo a 100% factory reset, so I too got stalled. We have no problem. Take whatever time you need and know you have friends that will encourage you.

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star  [Sburb]- Tileset Suburban Modern 2020 rzrcoon 2 3,919 08-20-2020, 12:11 AM
Last Post: rzrcoon
   Modern Tilesets Combined donanandsunder 5 24,494 07-04-2020, 04:27 AM
Last Post: HauntedCicadaSongs
   First attempt to make a tileset MicKo 17 18,308 04-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Last Post: MicKo