Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
 Project - Within Darkness [Temporary Title]
[Image: customLogo.gif?revision=1]

Well.. It's October, time to pause development on the other two projects and bring this to see the light of development now.

This project right here, I only work on Octobers at the moment, as October is literally where Horror things mostly happen in films, and games I think.

Project Within Darkness [Temporary Title] is an upcoming horror project set in the Memorie Story, more like a side story which takes place during Memorie's story.  The game involves a news journalist, who had a friend who was murdered, go digging in to what she shouldn't be digging into. As well as something about a cursed lamp. I haven't fully developed the story to add details at the moment.

Characters
Shiki Momone
A Journalist who has been in the news business for about a day.  Shiki Momone's involvement in this scoop is a big one.  Caring about others, but also determined to find answers, she doesn't give up to find the answers she needs to complete this big scoop.  She discovered her friend, murdered, at an auction house.

Currently, I just got the game planned, and a character planned. I will be developing this throughout my free time in October. I also decided to use the RPG Maker XP game engine, which I may change that later on during development.... maybe. Okay, now time to get things started with this project.
Reply }
Well then, to start off the development, I started making this parallel common event, as well as a stun checker one, but I'm focusing mostly on this common event right here. Since there's only one Playable character, this was simple to start.

.png   Health Conditions.png (Size: 45.48 KB / Downloads: 11)

In the main game screen, I'm going to put on the top left, for now, a condition image that says things like "Fine", "Caution", and "Danger". After the Shiki's HP hits 0, it's game over. I'll be finishing off the common event first though.

EDIT: Apparently, I'm going to have to use a different method as the game freezes when the check starts. Maybe an ABS script or something can fix this and I may use the Lycan ABS again. Then again, I haven't decided yet, and will just get at least a teaser game before deciding.
Reply }
Well, I don't think I'll be working on this for Halloween, so I will put this in Hiatus until next October. Yeah. That's what I'll do. The project is now on hiatus until next October, and hopefully nothing extra busy happens again.
Reply }
October's back. That means development is going to continue! ;)

However, not today nor tomorrow. I'll be taking a bit of time developing this starting October 3rd.
Reply }
Hello Deadly Trap! I didn't see you there. Joking! Of course I seen it coming! I'm just merly seeing if Deadly Traps work as intended. Next I'll find a way or poor Shiki to use her Stun Gun, as well as empty the gun's battery. All of that later.
Reply }
So instead of the default menu, I am trying something like THIS.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=963]

I may make a switch which will allow the player to do this in all maps without the need to add a new event in the future since I just made an event to run parallell to the map. Anyway, I'll have to modify the Original Inventory Menu from the default scripts in order to have the game continue on without going through the Default Menu Sytem. Oh how fun, I get to play Copy, Find, Highlight, Paste!

Attached Files
.png   Quick Menu!.png (Size: 29.91 KB / Downloads: 70)
Reply }
I've made an Item, which allows you to see traps for about 5 minutes. This should be enough time for the player to examine and disarm since you will not trigger the trap once revealed. However, after the allotted time is up, the traps become invisible again and you cannot examine or disarm them in this state.

I've added the option to reveal traps in the available choices, when you press Escape. This option will consume the trap revealing item, if you have one. Otherwise, you won't be able to use it. I plan to have this Item a bit scarce, but that could change in the long run.

One more thing. When you press Escape, or whatever the assigned B button is, you will not go into an RPG Maker menu, instead you will have a choice box with four options (Inventory, Reveal Traps, Quit the game, and Continue the game).
Reply }
sometimes the default menu clutters things... I like the ideas... keep 'em coming... could be cool however to have icons instead of words... as your choices.
[Image: yy7iKKb.png]

ITCH: jayray.itch.io
Currently working on Goblin Gulch (MV)
Currently working on JayVinci Resurrection
Currently working on Bakin ABS (BAKIN)
Reply }
Trap Revealing in action!  For one trap....

Reply }
I have a teeny tiny update.

First, I modified the default Item screen script, known as Scene_Item. The default Items menu now returns to the field map, instead of heading towards the default Menu System. Next, I added This!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=966]

It's the Drago Save Layout script, by LiTTleDRAgo. This script will replace of the default Save Screen. Mainly because I thought that was pretty neat. Of course, I have an idea for Save Points, and that DOOR in the game screen was to test out the save menu, heck the map was designed to test out EVERYTHING so this map will not be a playable map, instead it acts as a Debug Map, for testing before developing maps and the story into the game.

Attached Files
.png   Drago's Save Script within the game.png (Size: 52.26 KB / Downloads: 29)
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   "Astral Faction" Project in Dev jreagan406 1 2,400 02-28-2022, 02:11 PM
Last Post: jreagan406
   Project - Fallen Star KDC 6 8,624 09-04-2019, 08:20 AM
Last Post: KDC
   RMXP Project - Shakespeare RPG Tool JayRay 2 6,905 02-09-2015, 11:02 PM
Last Post: JayRay
   Heroes Legacy (working title) Punn_ 0 3,475 09-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Punn_
   Llyven - (Official Legacy Studios Project) Zackwell 9 14,266 08-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Last Post: millarso
Heart  Currently Unnamed Project cosmickitty 3 6,836 01-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Last Post: MetalRenard
   RGSS/2 Project CP3DS -- Already works! 3D For BOTH RMXP and RMVX Armorphor 6 12,267 05-24-2011, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Armorphor
   New upcoming project: Final Distance neonjosa123 3 7,746 05-18-2010, 04:11 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   [Early] Diadem (Prototype Title), Mecha-based Tactics RPG Sparx-1 0 7,084 12-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Sparx-1
   [Early] Final Fantasy:Untitled Project Myownfriend 0 4,874 12-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Myownfriend