Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weapon/Battle Graphic Change Edit
Weapon/Battle Graphic Change Edit
skyboar
Apr 12 2008

This is a locked, single-post thread from Creation Asylum. Archived here to prevent its loss.
No support is given. If you are the owner of the thread, please contact administration.

Ever wanted to have your equipped weapon's graphics change in battle when you equipped different weapons. This edit lets you do just that and more. For example, if you wanted 2 different classes to be able to use the same weapon(s) but fight differently with them, you can.

I'm calling it the Weapon/Battle Graphic Change Edit. The battle system is minkoff's battlesystem with the RTAB. I have no clue which version and I take no credit for any of the coding in the script or the script itself, therefore I can't answer any questions related to the battlesystem script itself.

However, the Edit just modifies the Sprite_Battler class inside the script, and it's a very small edit. I think it may be compatible with other battle systems that modify the Sprite_Battler class. I'm not sure, feel free to try and tell me the results if you're interested.

Directions to use:

In Sprite_Battler Class

Under the following line of code:

Code:
if @battler.battler_name != @battler_name or
       @battler.battler_hue != @battler_hue
      @battler_name = @battler.battler_name
      @battler_hue = @battler.battler_hue

Insert the following code directly under it:

Code:
#========================================================================
#--------------------------------------Start of Skyboar's Weapon/Battle Graphics Change edit ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# #default setting for Battler Graphic
# self.bitmap = RPG::Cache.battler(@battler_name, @battler_hue)

#1st Variation: Battler Graphics' file names must match that of the Hero's Class Name
# #Name of Battler Graphic must match name of Class; allows for different battle graphics for each class
# self.bitmap = @battler.is_a?(Game_Actor) ? RPG::Cache.battler(@battler.class_name, @battler_hue) : RPG::Cache.battler(@battler_name, @battler_hue)

#2nd Variation: Battler Graphics' file names must match that of the Hero's Equipped Weapon's name
# if @battler.weapon_id > 0 #if weapon's id is greater than 0
# #Name of Battler Graphic must match name of Equipped Weapon
# self.bitmap = @battler.is_a?(Game_Actor) ? RPG::Cache.battler($data_weapons[@battler.weapon_id].name, @battler_hue) : RPG::Cache.battler(@battler_name, @battler_hue)
# else #set hero's battler graphic to default battler graphic
# self.bitmap = RPG::Cache.battler(@battler_name, @battler_hue)
# end

#3rd Variation:
if @battler.weapon_id > 0 #if weapon's id is greater than 0
#Name of Battler Graphic must match name of Class name + "_" + Equipped Weapon's name
#For example if the hero's class is Knight and the currently equipped weapon is Broad Sword
#The battler graphic's file name should be "Knight_Broad Sword" without the quote marks
self.bitmap = @battler.is_a?(Game_Actor) ? RPG::Cache.battler(@battler.class_name + "_" + $data_weapons[@battler.weapon_id].name, @battler_hue) : RPG::Cache.battler(@battler_name, @battler_hue)
else #set hero's battler graphic to default battler graphic
self.bitmap = RPG::Cache.battler(@battler_name, @battler_hue) #default battler graphics of hero should have no weapons equipped
end

#--------------------------------------End of Skyboar's Weapon/Battle Graphics Change edit ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find this line of code and comment it out:
Code:
self.bitmap = RPG::Cache.battler(@battler_name, @battler_hue)

Just uncomment the Edit Variations you WANT to use and comment out the rest that you DON'T want to use.

Feel free to post any comments and criticisms you have.
}

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BOF battle system azrith001 0 2,404 03-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Last Post: azrith001
  Wild Arms 4 Hex Battle System ShockWave 0 2,526 05-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Last Post: ShockWave
  Attack with no weapon Sephirothtds 0 2,203 05-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Sephirothtds
  Tactical Battle System Nick 0 2,448 01-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Nick
  In Battle Switching & Summoning SephirothSpawn 0 2,286 12-10-2005, 01:00 PM